border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-19, 12:54 AM   #1
Jorami

Exclamation I think my CornSnake 'gets off' To Himself

Every single time I let my snake Dragon roam my room, he ALWAYS comes right back to his sheds. I collect his sheds to measure how big he gets over time. When Dragon crawls up to his shed, he'll lick and rub his face all over it. I thought it was 'cute' and 'quirky' at first, but then it got weird when he kept doing it for up to 6 minutes...
He'll then wrap himself around it and he wouldn't stop! I've put him on the other side of the room yet he'll come slithering right back to the shriveled up skin. Dragon will climb up walls to get to his skin! HE'S IN LOVE WITH HIMSELF.

Is this common? Does anybody else's snake do this around their own sheds? Pls help
Login to remove ads
Old 04-06-19, 07:53 AM   #2
craigafrechette

Re: I think my CornSnake 'gets off' To Himself

I personally haven't seen that behavior. If I had to venture a guess I would guess the shed skins smell familiar to him. He may just find comfort and security due to the familiarity of the smell.

Also, just an FYI (you may already know?) shed skins are not an accurate measurement of the actual snake. They tend to stretch out to about 10-15% larger than the actual snake.
Closed Thread

Tags
corn snake, funny, snake care, weird, weird behavior