sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-17, 08:35 AM   #1
Diveks

Ball python feeding

Hello,
I am getting a ball python (male) in a few months and i am wondering what should i do for the feeding because in am going to feed him frozen thawed and i only found people who sell frozen mice not rats. I am getting a young BP but a little bigger than a baby. So should i buy life rats or should i feed like two or more adult mice?
Login to remove ads
Old 02-08-17, 09:17 AM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Ball python feeding

If you only have access to mice then you'll have to use them. It's not a big deal when they're young but it can be an inconvenience as they grow. The main reason is because you'll have to feed multiple mice per feeding as opposed to just one rat. Most BPs won't ever need to eat anything larger than a medium rat and I know some keepers that never give their males anything larger than a small rat. Medium rats are usually 100g, small rats are 60g, and jumbo mice are 30g. Using those numbers you'll need to feed 2-3 jumbo mice when just one rat would do. It just takes more time and maybe a little extra coin. For BPs it's not a deal breaker if the snake doesn't eat rats but I don't think it's sustainable long term for larger snakes that eat larger prey.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 02-08-17, 11:29 AM   #3
jay's reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveks View Post
Hello,
I am getting a ball python (male) in a few months and i am wondering what should i do for the feeding because in am going to feed him frozen thawed and i only found people who sell frozen mice not rats. I am getting a young BP but a little bigger than a baby. So should i buy life rats or should i feed like two or more adult mice?
Go to the website rodentpro.com they sell mice/rats/rabbits/chickens and more in bulk.
Old 02-08-17, 12:44 PM   #4
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay's reptiles View Post
Go to the website rodentpro.com they sell mice/rats/rabbits/chickens and more in bulk.
Shipping to Indonesia may be expensive, though...
Old 02-10-17, 04:57 AM   #5
Diveks

Ok ill just feed more large mice. I just have one more question how much mice should i feed when he is an adult?
Login to remove ads
Old 02-10-17, 07:55 AM   #6
Selena_23

Send a message via Skype™ to Selena_23

Why U cant just frozen a rats yourself?
Old 02-10-17, 08:22 AM   #7
Cyclops

Can you find some big website like petsmart or something and get them to ship to you? because if frozen mice are available then then I would get them. Live mice are a hassle.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python, feeding, mice, pythons, rats