border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-21, 07:46 PM   #1
Laughingman868

Bitten by my coastal, local numbness

Good evening everyone. It’s been awhile since I have been to the forums here but a recent bite has brought me back to ask if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I have a 6.5-7 foot coastal that has always been pretty docile. Lately with the addition of two cats I have not been taking him out as much. Recently (a month ago) I noticed that he has been gripping my wrist quite tightly. This prompted me to redirect his head and run some cold water on him as I noticed he was getting a little wild and wanted to calm him down. This worked the first time.

Saturday I took him out again for a water change and he started basically constricting my arm so I attempted to redirect his head again and slowly uncoil him. I looked away for one moment and he got me on my wrist. It was pretty difficult to get him off and I thought hurt him but he’s ok thankfully. Unfortunately my wrist swelled badly the first day and now I have some localized numbness, swelling (not as much as the day it happened) and a decent amount of pain. Has anyone experienced this? My gtp bit me once but didn’t hang on and it wasnt that bad. I have to say that this one hurt quite a bit. I’m not sure if he just got me on a bad spot or what but moving my fingers in certain directions causes a pretty sharp pain. Just curious if anyone has had this type of pain after a bite because I do not remember any previous bites hurting this badly.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-16-21, 02:47 AM   #2
ReptiWorldWide

Re: Bitten by my coastal, local numbness

I haven't had anything like that happen, since I am yet to own a large snake, but my uncle who bred boas was bitten by one once and found out a few weeks after the bite that he had a tooth stuck in his arm. While I doubt this is what happened, I figured it would be worth sharing just in case.
Old 11-16-21, 08:40 AM   #3
Laughingman868

I have heard of that happening on more than a few occasions so it seems that it’s fairly common. I cleaned the wound and it doesn’t look like there is anything there but who knows, their teeth are very small. I hope there isn’t permanent damage.
Old 11-21-21, 01:50 AM   #4
Pythonguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingman868 View Post
I have heard of that happening on more than a few occasions so it seems that it’s fairly common. I cleaned the wound and it doesn’t look like there is anything there but who knows, their teeth are very small. I hope there isn’t permanent damage.
I wouldn't stress too much about the snake leaving any teeth behind. If it had you probably would've noticed especially if it's a 6.5 ft snake. And if it did their teeth normally grow back
Genesis 1:24- And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.
Closed Thread