2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Old 04-13-13, 05:38 PM   #32
BrownSugar92

Re: Stubborn Feeder

8.jpg

^ ^ ^ this is the other side to that big rock that in the corner. Only other thing that needs to be noted is, the humidity is usually at 65% and the cage about 2 degrees hotter (on the hot side). But when I was taking the photo I had to lift that blue towel at the top that holds the temp / humidity in and open the doors to let light in and I ended up loosing it.
Old 04-13-13, 05:40 PM   #33
BrownSugar92

and this is the baby

6.jpg

7.jpg

Like many snakes, she enjoys wedging herself in awkward positions that look uncomfortable 0.o
Old 04-13-13, 06:36 PM   #34
smy_749

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSugar92 View Post
and this is the baby

Attachment 23529

Attachment 23530

Like many snakes, she enjoys wedging herself in awkward positions that look uncomfortable 0.o

Nice snake. I'll tell you politely before someone else rips you up about it lol Don't use those gauges, they very unreliable and extremley inaccurate. Go to homedepot and ask for a hygrometer/thermometer combo and they will give you a nice digital one for about 12 dollars with an LCD display. Well worth the money, and you can use the gauges for paper weights. Anyways, nice enclosure.

Oh and about the plant plot, I use the same idea makes a cheap cool hide, you just have to be careful not to create a sharp edge. I broke a few in the process lol

http://maidinchicago.us/wordpress/wp...ygrometer1.jpg

Thats what I recommend, because it tells you current temps and humidity and highs and lows.

Last edited by smy_749; 04-13-13 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-13-13, 06:39 PM   #35
DeadlyDesires

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy_749 View Post
Nice snake. I'll tell you politely before someone else rips you up about it lol Don't use those gauges, they very unreliable and extremley inaccurate. Go to homedepot and ask for a hygrometer/thermometer combo and they will give you a nice digital one for about 12 dollars with an LCD display. Well worth the money, and you can use the gauges for paper weights. Anyways, nice enclosure.

Oh and about the plant plot, I use the same idea makes a cheap cool hide, you just have to be careful not to create a sharp edge. I broke a few in the process lol

^^ this, they also sell them at walmart too but i dont think they work as well lol mine broke within 2 days i was pretty mad, your set up looks good.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-13-13, 07:33 PM   #36
BrownSugar92

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy_749 View Post

http://maidinchicago.us/wordpress/wp...ygrometer1.jpg

Thats what I recommend, because it tells you current temps and humidity and highs and lows.
Which side should I put it on then? And thanks for the input, I don't mind it- or else I wouldn't have started a post. What brand do you use? And thank you ^_^ but funny lol, I went to Home Depot to get sand paper and soften the edges down so she didn't get cut. Didn't think to get a reader from there though.
Old 04-13-13, 07:35 PM   #37
BrownSugar92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyDesires View Post
^^ this, they also sell them at walmart too but i dont think they work as well lol mine broke within 2 days i was pretty mad, your set up looks good.
Thank you. It just seemed like she was getting really big, really fast so I went ahead and moved her into a nicer enclosure. Hopefully a permanent one lol.
Old 04-13-13, 07:40 PM   #38
smy_749

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSugar92 View Post
Which side should I put it on then? And thanks for the input, I don't mind it- or else I wouldn't have started a post. What brand do you use? And thank you ^_^ but funny lol, I went to Home Depot to get sand paper and soften the edges down so she didn't get cut. Didn't think to get a reader from there though.
I don't buy much of anything from the pet stores, everything can be found better quality for cheaper somewhere else. They just stick zoomed stickers on everything and call it pet safe :P "reptile" stuff. They are 12 $, you can buy 2 of them and put them on either side. Or just keep it on the cold side, (humidity will be higher over there) and just use a temperature gun to check hot side temps, if you want to check hot side humidity just move it over for a bit :P
Old 05-22-13, 02:28 AM   #39
BrownSugar92

After what seemed like forever, she actually ate today - about 3 hours ago to be exact.
I went ahead and broke down on the advice I've been getting of "keeping" the rat until she was ready to eat. I offered her food about every nine days and she finally took tonight ^_^
Sad to say probably . . . But I'm sort of happy the noisy, constantly chirping rat is gone ha, but even happier to finally see her eating.

Tags
ball python, feeding, question