sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-20, 07:55 PM   #16
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Baby Boa not eating

Which thermostat did you choose? The size of your tank wasn't a problem. The digital thermometers are better than the analog ones but I'd invest in a temp gun to insure the most accurate temperature readings. You can get them for less than $20 online or at home depot. Once your temps are dialed in and he's settled in a little more he should eat.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 04-09-20, 07:42 AM   #17
Motleyjungle

Any luck with feeding.
Old 04-09-20, 11:04 AM   #18
craigafrechette

The towel will only help for a few minutes. It's pourous and allows too much air flow to hold heat in. You need something solid. I still have one glass enclosure in use, as I've gradually switched to PVC. However, with my glass enclosures I wrap the back, sides and too in 1/2" foam board insulation.
It comes in 4'x8' sheets for about $12/sheet. So one would be plenty for what you need. Just cut the pieces to fit and tape them to the outside of the enclosure (NO TAPE OR ADHESIVES ever inside an enclosure). With the top piece just an inch or so of airflow will be plenty.

You can make it look as pretty as you like for aesthetics, but it works extremely well to maintain heat and humidity while also saving you a few bucks on your electric bill since heating equipment runs more efficiently.
R.I.P. Django
Closed Thread

Tags
baby, boa, enclosure, new boa, not eating