border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-13, 08:38 PM   #1
hunter4life

Racking Systems?

I'm looking at buying a good racking system for cheap, it would house 2 Ball Pythons, a King and a Corn (a ball and the king and corn are still babies) I've come across two places I'm tempted to buy from, but was seeing if you guys knew any good sites! I'm looking for only 4 to 5 tubs really, but if theres anything bigger for cheap I will take it! Here's the first I found, it's the first one for $150 Animal Plastics (click economy and then the juvenile sterilite, it's the first one) or this one v-18 Racks but it's kindof expensive. Please help?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-05-13, 09:09 PM   #2
franks

Re: Racking Systems?

I always just make my own, so I would not be able to recommend a site to buy from. A good rack system can be as simple as a shelf with a few UTH on it.
Old 07-05-13, 09:22 PM   #3
hunter4life

How much does is cost you to make one? I'd need 4, one for a Kingsnake, one for a Cornsnake, and then one each for ball pythons! I have a gazillion heat pads lying around..would you be able to help me to make one if it's cheaper?
Old 07-05-13, 09:35 PM   #4
franks

Absolutely. It can cost what you want it too. You can make a 3 level rack, each royal gets its own shelf, and put the two colubrids on a shelf. Tell me what the goal is here and I will help you work something out. I build tons of these for people. You really could just throw a shelf up in your room and put the sterilite tubs on the shelf with their tops on. A full "rack system" is not necessary for 4 tubs, unless you just like the look or want to add to it later, or, if you have more vertical space than horizontal space.
Old 07-05-13, 09:49 PM   #5
hunter4life

the 4 tubs might be easier cause I have more vertical room. As long as the ball pythons will be happy, I'm fine! I'd love to get one figured out cause honeslty I don't have the room for 3 40 gallons (one for my bearded dragon, one for one ball and a future one for the future baby ball), a 20 gallon (kingsnake) and a 10 gallon (cornsnake)..if we could either PM eachother or text/email about this stuff I'd love it cause I really would like to get it done!
Login to remove ads
Old 07-05-13, 09:57 PM   #6
franks

Absolutely. PM me. Go to walmart, target, and home depot to see the tubs, pick out 4 whose size and depth you like, and send me the measurements.
Old 07-06-13, 09:58 PM   #7
hunter4life

I'm gotten my 50 quart tubs from Walmart today.
32.1" length, 19.1" width, 7" height! Now all I need to do is figure the heating and how exactly I set the racks up Franks
Closed Thread

Tags
ball pythons, corn snakes, kingsnakes, racking systems