border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-15, 10:21 AM   #1
hjs1700

Bad Shed?

Hey there, I didn't know which forum would be appropriate for this subject.. Hope this one is good.

I have two snakes that live in the same eclosure (yes. I'm aware that isn't good, I've tried to seperate them and they get very lethargic and depressed and don't eat, I got them this way. Bonnie and Clyde. I wish I could seperate them but I really can't) Bonnie doesn't have any hard time shedding, she usually sheds in one piece... Clyde on the other hand it takes him forever. He's currently been shedding for over 3 weeks now, and he has a stuck eyecap.

I recently put him in the bath with warm water and let him soak (I always sit in the bathroom with him while I bathe him) for 15 minutes, and I started massaging him and getting the loose shed off, he'll crawl through my hand and try and get it off himself and I'll massage with a damp washcloth. I dont tear or rip the skin off but when I massage him it usually ends up coming off and I was wondering if that was dangerous?

Any way I can help him shed better?
Login to remove ads
Old 12-13-15, 07:03 PM   #2
IW17

Re: Bad Shed?

Species, set up, temps, and humidity are needed to help. Pictures of the snakes and the enclosure would help a lot as well.

Tags
bad shed, help me, shedding