border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-15, 01:28 AM   #1
AndrewM1217

Pics of my Spotted Python

Finally got around to taking a decent picture of the little guy. He's still quite small but he's grown considerably since I got him.

This one was taken the day I brought him back to my apartment a couple months ago

And this one was taken about a week ago

As you can see, when I bought him he could barely span the width of my palm. Now, he's probably around 14"-16" long. Don't know exactly how long as I haven't taken the time to measure him properly. He's a great first snake and I'm quite fond of him
Login to remove ads
Old 01-15-15, 08:38 AM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Pics of my Spotted Python

Very cool snake Andrew.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 01-15-15, 09:00 AM   #3
SnoopySnake

Nice, I love how tiny he is in that first pic
Old 01-16-15, 01:19 AM   #4
toddnbecka

I almost bought one at the last show, but they were new hatchlings, and I prefer one that's at least been fed a few times. How's the general disposition and feeding response?
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 01-16-15, 02:01 AM   #5
AndrewM1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
I almost bought one at the last show, but they were new hatchlings, and I prefer one that's at least been fed a few times. How's the general disposition and feeding response?
The only time he's ever tried to bite me was the day I brought him home, and he was too tiny to do anything. When I reach in to handle him, he always comes to check out my hand and either backs away or just moves past it and continues his business. Whenever I pick him up he's always very calm and likes to just crawl between my fingers without ever getting flighty. Also, he has yet to miss a feeding. Before I bumped him up to fuzzies, he would occasionally get 2 pinkies. Somewhat recently, (during shed, mind you) he refused his 2nd pinky but still ate the first one no problem. For the smaller prey items he usually just bites and starts eating, but if its a larger one he will strike and constrict it.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-18-15, 12:27 PM   #6
marvelfreak
Captain America

Cute little guy.

Tags
baby, python, spotted