sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-14, 05:27 AM   #1
TugaMestre

Post 2nd time feeding my corn

Hi there,

I'm brand new here, so "hi" to everybody! 3 weeks ago i got my first snake, she's a 4 month old baby corn girl Amelanistic.
Last week (Thursday) was my 1st time feeding her. I fed her in the tank, had no problem, played a little bit with the mouse (thawed) in front of her, poked her a little bit with the mouse, gentling, she launched a few strikes at it, I layed it down and she started feeding, no problem at all!
Yesterday (7 days after the last feed), i did the same thing and she didn't response at all, gave one strike but didn't seemed interested on the meal, I left the mouse on her tank over night, today i woke up and surprise surprise it was still were i left it. Later today, at night, i'm going to try feed her again, do you guys have some tips on what should i do this time, or if i'm doing something wrong? Her tank is always at the same temperature 25-26ºC some times at night the temp drops to 24,5ºC but a couple hours after it stabilizes, i spray the tank with water about 2 times a week. Thank you!!
Login to remove ads
Old 11-21-14, 02:26 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: 2nd time feeding my corn

Welcome and best wishes Tuga. I think your temps are a little cool. The warm side should be closer to 30-31C. The cool side can be 23-24C. Also if my snakes refuse a meal I try them again about a week later. Too many feeding attempts could stress your snake. What are you using as a heat source and is it connected to a thermostat? Bump your temps up a bit and try her again in 5-7 days. Let us know how it goes.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Closed Thread

Tags
baby, corn, tips, wontfeed