border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-14, 09:46 PM   #1
xSerpentGoddess

Hybrids.. Amazon x Emerald.

I am working with a few different hybrid projects at work. We didn't have pairs for a few things so we figured we may as well produce what we can.

We are pairing (m x f)

• Amazon x Emerald
  • GTP x JCP
  • JCP x Macklot's

The most promising at the moment seems to be the Amazon X Emerald pairing. My female is HUGE the past couple days and has been refusing food for weeks. I haven't seen anything going on in a while but they are more active when we catch them in the dark.

Has anyone produced these? I have never played with hybrid breeding before. I have heard you end up with a lot of slugs.

If the females start to appear gravid, Do I keep them the same way I would if they were carrying pure bred eggs? Are they're and tricks to ensure more live offspring?

Are the offspring of any of these pairings sterile? From what I understand the GTP x JCP are typically fine.

Any other info that might help me would be much appreciated

Please no negatives on hybridizing. This is a project pretty much to see what we can get. So many balls come out screwed up from the genetics of the morphs and no one seems to care. Hybrids CAN BE happy, healthy, eating, breeding animals and yet, to some it is a moral outrage. If you don't like it I completely respect your opinion and only ask for the same respect.
0.2 Dumeril's Boas ~ 1.1 Jungle Carpet ~ 0.1 DiamondxJungle ~ 0.1 JunglexBredli(75/25) ~ 1.3 Kenyan Sand Boas ~ 1.2 Ball Pythons ~ 1.3 Brazilian Rainbow Boas ~ 1.0 Egyptian Uromastyx ~ Too many arachnids to get into.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-30-14, 10:43 PM   #2
Mikoh4792

Re: Hybrids.. Amazon x Emerald.

Sorry, but didn't you make this exact thread before?
Old 03-30-14, 11:08 PM   #3
xSerpentGoddess

I did but I figured posting it in the breeding section might get a better response.
0.2 Dumeril's Boas ~ 1.1 Jungle Carpet ~ 0.1 DiamondxJungle ~ 0.1 JunglexBredli(75/25) ~ 1.3 Kenyan Sand Boas ~ 1.2 Ball Pythons ~ 1.3 Brazilian Rainbow Boas ~ 1.0 Egyptian Uromastyx ~ Too many arachnids to get into.
Old 06-06-14, 01:38 PM   #4
Frisky

Greetings, I am new to the Forum, but to give some answers.

Treat all Hybrid Gravidness exactly the same as you would Pure Gravidness.

Fertility varies, sometimes with minimal fertility and sometimes with a lot of Fertility.

95% of all Hybrids are perfectly Fertile and capable of breeding successfully. It is actually 2nd and 3rd generation Hybrids that look the most visually pleasing.

I hope I have helped a bit.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, emerald, green tree, hybrid, jungle