border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-20, 04:24 PM   #1
BbyBpNdl325

Water & Pinkies

Hello! New here, just brought home our very first baby Anery Corn Snake and the whole family is doting over her like a princess. (my son feels like snake is a girl so until we can have her sexed we are rolling with it)

My questions are regarding Food & Water. What type of water should we be using? For now we have been using filtered water (our refrigerator has this) to mist her tank and fill her bowl. Her set up came with the repti safe drops which i have read mixed reviews about whether they should be used or not. We have not used them. Should we be?

As for feeding. Shes about 2 months old now. When we graduate from one pinky to two do we offer them both at the same time? She kinda hung out after swallowing the one we gave her so I'm thinking shes ready for 2...

Any tips or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thank you
Login to remove ads
Old 03-30-20, 09:40 AM   #2
dangernoodles

Re: Water & Pinkies

Use Reptisafe. Itīs literally just a dechlorinator, it poses no threat to your reptile, you could drink it. 2 drops per 8oz of water.
Old 03-30-20, 11:35 AM   #3
craigafrechette

Re: Water & Pinkies

Reptisafe is pointless unless you need to treat your snakes water unless your water is unsafe for you to drink. Basically, if it's safe for human consumption it's safe for our snakes.

As for when to upsize to two pinkies...if one doesn't leave a noticable lump it's safe to feed two.
Allow a minute or two after the first is swallowed, the snake will likely realign her jaw and be ready for a second.
R.I.P. Django
Closed Thread

Tags
corn snakes, feeding, pinkies, water