border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Pogona Vitticeps

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-18, 08:23 PM   #1
jmc

Post Beardie not shedding well?

I have a 9 month old Beardie named Khan and he went into shed about 6 days ago, but it still hasn't completely come off. From his head down to his body the shed came off fine, but once his tail started to shed that's where it stopped coming off. You can see where it's started, but it's been the same for the past few days? Should I be concerned? What can I do?
Login to remove ads
Old 03-30-18, 08:37 AM   #2
DJC Reptiles

Re: Beardie not shedding well?

If you are concerned, it would be okay to soak your bearded dragon in shallow warm water for half an hour. Bearded dragons are normally well tempered, so I’ll assume you can get the shed off without causing too much stress.
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Old 03-30-18, 09:04 AM   #3
jmc

That's what I've been doing for the past few days but the shed seems to be too stubborn. I know it's not a great idea to peel it off myself, but I'm starting to worry about the shedding being stuck.
Old 03-30-18, 04:07 PM   #4
murrindindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
That's what I've been doing for the past few days but the shed seems to be too stubborn. I know it's not a great idea to peel it off myself, but I'm starting to worry about the shedding being stuck.
Hi, can you give some details of the conditions you keep the dragon in including temps and humidity ranges and how you measure them, also a couple of photos of the whole enclosure?
There should be no need to forcibly bathe the dragon in order to help it shed it`s skin, if it cannot do that it indicates the conditions aren`t fully supportive.
Closed Thread