border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Reptile Clubs / Societies > Club / Society Index > H.I.S.S.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-03, 06:27 PM   #1
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

You wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest club in the world...

HISSSSS

Sorry, o.k that was probably really corny to most people who are not big KISS fans.

Anyways...

There is a reptile club in Saskatchewan. It was incorporated in 2000, and was partially active for a year.

We are looking to become more active, and are looking for more members and executives for the future.

When formed, the goals of HISS were to help influence laws regarding the keeping of captive herps in Saskatchewan, to educate people who keep reptiles on proper husbandry, to educate the public about the native reptiles in Saskatchewan.

HISS has taken feild trips in the past. We have also participated in the fight against the proposed Meridian Dam, and the opening of the great sandhills to oil and gas exploration.

HISS is also in close affiliation with the Saskatchewan Reptile Rescue, a registered charitable non profit organization.

SSR is actively seeking permanant homes for many iguanas and red eared slider turtles.

For more information about HISS, email us at

thesnakepeople@sasktel.net
Login to remove ads
Old 09-09-03, 12:55 PM   #2
Katt

How can a person join? And do you have a website?
Old 09-11-03, 12:01 PM   #3
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

Website and membership information is located here

http://www.geocities.com/hissca/

Ryan
Old 11-15-03, 09:29 PM   #4
chamitch

im down, up in PA though. ohya and when are u guys comming up here?
Old 10-01-04, 01:47 PM   #5
heebie_geebies

As a fellow Saskie and the proud owner of my first reptile, I'm ready to join. I just tried the membership application link on the HISS website, but no luck. I had seen in another thread from February (I think) that there is a new website in the works. Any idea of the launch date? What is the hold up(s)?

I'm not sure what you require for volunteers for the club, but I may be able to donate some time to help out as well.

And I am all for getting some laws changed. I would love to get a nice Rosy or two but that isn't legal.....yet!!

So you've sparked my interest. Anybody else?

Lyndon
Login to remove ads
Old 10-01-04, 02:05 PM   #6
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

The webpage that was being built, was in Febuary, of 2003. It was one of the topics to be discussed at the Fall rattlesnake count, but the other exective members of HISS weren't able to make it, so the meeting was postponed. I will be meeting with one exectutive this weekend, and we will discuss a few things.

It is hard to get everyone at the same place at the same time, in Saskatchewan - so everyone should just move to Leader, to make it easier.

This year, the club has been used to co-ordinate the rattlesnake counts, held twice a year and to fight for the right to keep rats in the province.

Last year, I had tried to round everyone up and get discussion going (not on ssnakess.com) on what the individual people would like to get out of a club. For the second time, the discussion dwindled shortly after it was started, due to lack of interest.

Anyone who would like to be a member of HISS, and see HISS do more than it currently is (Ryan raises hand), email me at thesnakepeople@sasktel.net and I will add your email to the discussion list so we can do some brainstorming.

Ryan
Old 10-01-04, 02:44 PM   #7
heebie_geebies

Thanks for the update, Ryan.

I suppose Leader is Saskatchewan's unofficial herp capital. But I already escaped the grasps of one small town, so I am not about to go to another one.

Anyways, I will send you an e-mail.

Lyndon
Closed Thread