border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-22, 01:02 PM   #1
ArizonaSivy

Corn snake morph identification

Hello! I return to this forum after over a year. Finally, after settling in my new home, I have been able to reunite with Shenron, my corn snake, who had stayed in foster care all this time. I'm happy to announce that he's healthy and growing, however, I've still not been able to recognize his exact morph.

Last time I posted here, Shenron was just a couple of months old. It was then suggested to me that he might be a hypo masque.

Recently I visited the New England Reptile Expo. There, I saw a lot of corn snake morphs, and to my surprise, I encountered one which was identical to how Shenron used to look as a hatchling- a bloodred pied morph. Although based on the belly pattern, I don't think Shenron is a pied, bloodred seems a bit more probable. Hypo bloodred, perhaps? Below I'll submit pictures of how he used to look like and how he looks now. Please let me know what you guys think.

Shenron, 1 month old-

Shenron, 2 years old-

Login to remove ads
Old 10-04-22, 08:21 PM   #2
chairman

Re: Corn snake morph identification

The snake could be a blood red but it is a little less red then you'd expect from one. It could also be diffused, there is a significant loss of pattern. And, of course, there are a lot of types of hypo out there; it could still be one of those.
Closed Thread

Tags
corn snake