Login to remove ads
Old 12-21-17, 07:35 AM   #2
Scubadiver59

Re: My female Woma python is one of the most beautiful i ever saw :D

Nice dark colors!
Old 12-21-17, 09:41 AM   #3
Captain837

Very nice contrast, I really like the contrast on some of the darker womas. On the flipside however I also really enjoy the bright orange and yellows on some of the reduced pattern womas. You really can't go.wrong with either.
Old 12-21-17, 09:44 AM   #4
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

She's looking great Patrick and growing well too.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 12-21-17, 11:49 AM   #5
DJC Reptiles

Always loved woma pythons. I will probably get one once their price drops down (which I expect it will soon).
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Login to remove ads
Old 12-21-17, 12:07 PM   #6
Captain837

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC Reptiles View Post
Always loved woma pythons. I will probably get one once their price drops down (which I expect it will soon).
There are inexpensive womas available however Womas are kind of like Jungle carpets in the sense that there is a huge difference in quality form one to another. Also like JCP's who have drastic changes in look as they age, adorable babies can grow up to be bland muddied looking adults. It is only through selective breeding that you get quality hatchlings that will look as good as adults as well. A breeder who takes the time to selectively breed for a specific look and to provide pictures and documentation of adults is not going to be selling inexpensive animals. I cannot see the price going much lower (for quality animals anyway) or the breeders who focus on these guys will turn their attention to animals that command a higher price.
It is ok to be in the hobby just for the sake of being in the hobby however it is also ok to want to at least turn some profit. In my opinion there is no profit to be made selling snakes for less than a few hundred dollars when you are selectively breeding stuff on a small scale.
If you would like some examples of what I am talking about, check out some of the woma projects with Jon's Jungle and Derek Roddy. Not just the hatchlings either, check out their adults. Then simply google woma pictures and you will see the clear difference in quality.
Old 12-21-17, 01:39 PM   #7
PatrickT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain837 View Post
There are inexpensive womas available however Womas are kind of like Jungle carpets in the sense that there is a huge difference in quality form one to another. Also like JCP's who have drastic changes in look as they age, adorable babies can grow up to be bland muddied looking adults. It is only through selective breeding that you get quality hatchlings that will look as good as adults as well. A breeder who takes the time to selectively breed for a specific look and to provide pictures and documentation of adults is not going to be selling inexpensive animals. I cannot see the price going much lower (for quality animals anyway) or the breeders who focus on these guys will turn their attention to animals that command a higher price.
It is ok to be in the hobby just for the sake of being in the hobby however it is also ok to want to at least turn some profit. In my opinion there is no profit to be made selling snakes for less than a few hundred dollars when you are selectively breeding stuff on a small scale.
If you would like some examples of what I am talking about, check out some of the woma projects with Jon's Jungle and Derek Roddy. Not just the hatchlings either, check out their adults. Then simply google woma pictures and you will see the clear difference in quality.

I noticed that as well. My female woma gets more and more stunning and has same pattern she had as juvenile. All of this breeder are that way. While most others womas i know from friends looked similar like my female as hatchling but do look nothing like her now.
Old 12-21-17, 01:52 PM   #8
SerpentineDream

Patrick, she's the most beautiful woma I have ever seen too (we won't tell Ophelia).

DJC, dropping the price on animals can actually be a disservice both to the breeder and investors. Not only is it less profitable for the breeder who put such effort into producing quality animals, it scares off other people who would like to breed them. Once a breeder drops their price buyers get wise to that and won't want to pay more for other people's animals, thus driving the price down across the board. Once that bar is lowered serious breeders / investors are less likely to buy those animals because they see that the market for them is dropping and aren't sure they'll get a decent return by the time they've put their own hard work into raising and breeding them.

Thus it doesn't bother me when I have to pay top dollar for top quality / rare snakes. Well, it bothers me when I can't come up with the money but I can't fault the breeder one bit for it. It's a good thing for the hobby to keep breeders paid well enough to fund their hobby or make a living. If they couldn't, they'd have to stop and we as customers wouldn't have much to buy. Food for thought.
0.1 Hog Island Boa, 0.1 Woma Python, 2.3 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.1 Western Hognoses, 4.6 Corns, 1.1 Mexican Milks, 2.2 Black Milks, 1.1 CA Kings, 1.1 CA Red-Sided Garters, 2.3 Trans-Pecos Rats, 2.2 Russian Rats, 1.0 Olive House Snake
Old 12-21-17, 03:05 PM   #9
Captain837

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickT View Post
I noticed that as well. My female woma gets more and more stunning and has same pattern she had as juvenile. All of this breeder are that way. While most others womas i know from friends looked similar like my female as hatchling but do look nothing like her now.
Yes, here is another example of a woma that has held her color into adulthood. Opposite end of the spectrum, reduced pattern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171128_58582.jpg (99.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 12-21-17, 04:49 PM   #10
DJC Reptiles

What I meant was, I expect this snake to get more popular, which will lead to a bigger production of the animal. This could lead to a price drop, but you never know. Either way, these are still one of the most beautiful pythons, in my opinion.
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Login to remove ads
Old 12-22-17, 02:01 AM   #11
wm460

She is great looking Patrick.
Old 12-22-17, 09:45 AM   #12
SnoopySnake

That is a great looking woma!
Old 01-12-18, 12:11 PM   #13
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain837 View Post
Yes, here is another example of a woma that has held her color into adulthood. Opposite end of the spectrum, reduced pattern.
look very scary
Old 01-12-18, 08:43 PM   #14
Derek Roddy

yeah she's a ripper. Love the dark banded ones.

D
Old 01-13-18, 07:53 PM   #15
IDvsEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC Reptiles View Post
What I meant was, I expect this snake to get more popular, which will lead to a bigger production of the animal. This could lead to a price drop, but you never know. Either way, these are still one of the most beautiful pythons, in my opinion.
It is bound to happen as supply increases. Ball morphs are a lot more affordable now than a few years ago. That's pretty extreme since balls have been around a while now but it shows the possibility.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread