sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-09, 07:44 AM   #16
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783
Re: Spilotes pullatus cloaca problem- help and advice please!!

I finally got my refund last night.
Old 08-13-09, 02:50 PM   #17
Chu'Wuti

Glad to hear it, but sorry that you had to go through all that & lose the snake.
Old 08-13-09, 05:18 PM   #18
Will0W783

It was awful and I felt so horrible for the snake. I have gotten another Spilotes, this time from a seller I know and who has a good rep. Still an import, but this one is clean and active and eats f/t. I don't want to tarnish anyone's reputation, but I sure won't be doing business with the guy who sold me the one that died.
Old 08-13-09, 08:39 PM   #19
siz

Aww I'm really sorry Kimberly...it really sucks to lose an animal even if it's a new addition. My boyfriend bought an ackie monitor once at an expo and it got severely injured and died a couple days later. Not the exact same situation but still sucks a lot when you just bought the poor thing. I was so upset, I can imagine you must be too. It sounds like the guy was a bit sketchy.. I am curious though, and this is NOT an attack at you at ALL, but why did you buy from the guy if you didn't think he knew his stuff? Of course, looking back you always see or remember things you didn't really notice at the time it happens to the best of us, I am just curious. It;'s awesome you got your refund though, post a picture of the new guy!

Last edited by siz; 08-13-09 at 08:44 PM..
Old 08-14-09, 07:50 AM   #20
Will0W783

Their stand was so busy at the show and I talked to him about what the snake had been eating and what size tank, bedding, etc it was on at the show and he seemed fine then. The snake was also upset so I didn't get to give it as good an exam as I should have-looking back I will never do that again. He also gave a 2-week guarantee so I figured it would be healthy or he wouldn't offer anything. It was a mistake; I was so excited I forgot a few key points. However, when I emailed him about the problem later his responses made me think maybe he didn't know as much about these snakes as I'd thought. Now I don't want to totally trash him because it was wild caught and I know the risks one takes when buying wild caught, but he should have been able to notice that cloaca and not sell it like that. But then, he seems so busy and overwhelmed every time I've talked to him he probably doesn't leave himself the time to check all his animals. Even more infuriating is that on the Hamburg show's website, they say all animals are examined by the show vet prior to being sold. I have talked to a few people I know that sell there and that's a lie. They've never had their animals checked by a vet. That pissed me off more than anything- why put it up on the website if it isn't true?
Old 08-14-09, 11:49 AM   #21
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

Somebody likely walked by & glanced at the tables right?
That counts as Vet inspected apparrently LOL
It would be imposssible to have evey animal even looked at by a Vet let alone inspected. Mark
Old 08-16-09, 04:33 PM   #22
Will0W783

I understand that it would be incredibly difficult- but what irks me is that right on the homepage for the show it says all animals have been inspected by the show vet- I think they should just remove it from the page if it isn't really true. Doesn't bother me if they haven't been vet examed (I can look them over or only buy from those dealers I trust), but I'd prefer not to be lied to.

Tags
cloaca, impaction, infected, tiger ratsnake