border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-20, 11:57 AM   #1
julieedavis

Baby sand boa won’t eat

Hello. My girlfriend and I got a baby sand boa from petco about a month ago. they told me he has never eaten before. i have tried to feed him time and time again but he shows no interest in the pinky. it has been a month and he still wont eat. please help!!! i dont want our baby to die.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-19-20, 09:17 AM   #2
dangernoodles

Re: Baby sand boa won’t eat

First off, why would you buy a snake from PetCo even though they said he hasn´t eaten before? People who do buy them have the experience, knowledge, and patience to get a snake to eat.

That aside, what´s your husbandry like?
Old 03-19-20, 07:31 PM   #3
chairman

Re: Baby sand boa won’t eat

Pictures are going to be helpful. You need to make 5 or so posts before you can post pictures, so I recommend making multiple short responses to this thread to meet the minimum posting requirement.

Information about your cage size, substrate, temperatures, the types of thermometers you use to measure temperatures, the thermostat you use to regulate temperatures, etc will be helpful.

Are you offering live pinkies or frozen/thawed ones?

If the sand boa is big enough to eat a pinky then it has been eating for some time. It would be helpful if we knew how old the snake was and whether it is male or female. Young sand boas need to eat weekly, adults have slower metabolisms and eat less frequently.

There are a number of tricks that can be used to get sand boas feeding, but making sure the cage is set up properly is the easiest way to get the snake eating.
Closed Thread

Tags
eating issues, sand boa, snake