border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-20, 08:35 AM   #1
cloudy-clover

Unhappy Ball Python Possibly Sick? [ Graphic Image Warning ]

Hello! This is my first time here and I came because something seems wrong with my boy, Oliver. He is about 2-years-old, male, and minimal calico morph.

Three weeks ago, I fed him as normal. He is eating adult mice. I fed him what I always do, same size, brand, everything. Temps were the same, humidity was the same, etc. A few days after feeding, he vomited it and I have no idea why. I never held him (or even went into his cage at that) and his temperatures were the same they’ve always been and he usually east just fine. Here is the mouse he vomited [ Graphic Image Warning ]

After that, I didn’t feed him to let him heal. Then, he went into shed. So he went through his shed as usual, and then I went to check on him one night and he was mid shed. Here he was:

Then, the next morning he had shed fine but there was blood in the cage and some runny poop. I know some blood is normal, so does this look normal?

This was worried but apparently it’s normal? He has never done this with me before. That was yesterday and today, he was farting *very* loudly at 3 am and woke me up. This morning, this was in his cage.

Besides that, he’s very active (probably hungry), movin around with tongue flicks. I want to switch him to rats but I don’t know how he’ll be if I feed him. I’m thinking of scheduling a vet appointment for him. Thoughts? Has anyone experienced this before?

> INFO <
-Temps-
Hot spot (heat mat): 90-95 F
Cool side: 75-80 F
Humidity: Fluctuates. I’m using a Reptile Fogger and I’m trying to have it come on 15 minutes at a time a few times a day (until my timer arrivers to program it). I also need a new humidity gauge as mine is goin a bit bad. Generally it stays between 50-60% but sometimes it drops a little low. I try my best and I’m just waiting for that timer.

Enclosure: He is in a good sized plastic tub with two identical hides on each end, a large water dish, a small water dish on the hot side for humidity, a piece of wood, a rock, two sticks tied together for climbing, and fake plants. 3 sides of his enclosure is blacked out and I’m using paper towels for substrate.

(His enclosure is a little wet in the image because I was keeping it humid for shedding).
Login to remove ads
Old 10-20-20, 07:28 PM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: Ball Python Possibly Sick? [ Graphic Image Warning ]

Check your temps. A snake might regurge if the temps are too low. I would check them. Also, use a different thermometer because those break too sometimes.

A single regurge isn't much too worry about. From the picture the snake looks okay but i'd switch to rats.

Seems like there's more than a little blood but if the vent isn't injured then it was just a difficult shed/poop for him. I would just keep an eye on the snake and ensure he has more humidity.
Otherwise you seem to be doing fine
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python, regurgitation, sick, vomitting