border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-21, 08:46 PM   #1
MM1

RIP Rudy (~1981-2021)

It is with great sadness that I report that Rudy, my ~40 year old Dominican Boa, passed away this past Tuesday (11/2/21) from a lymphoma that she came down with a few months ago. I have posted older threads about her and her history and care/behavior, etc. She was a forgiving, super chill animal who was a pleasant, calming, very interesting, and quite attractive fixture in my life from middle school to age 50. She was about 7 feet long and about 8 lbs. when she passed. I chose to allow her body to return to nature by placing it in a hollowed out space underneath the roots of a dead tree in a forested area of a park near where she spent her life, the spot struck me as a perfect spot for a snake to rest. In the big picture, although I am surprisingly affected and saddened by her passing, getting to spend 4 decades with such a great pet, childhood sounding board, and roommate with almost no health issues till the very end is a rare and special thing. She will always be the most special reptile I’ve ever had the pleasure to interact with and she will be missed dearly.
Old 11-06-21, 10:05 AM   #2
chairman

Re: RIP Rudy (~1981-2021)

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you gave that snake a great life.
Closed Thread