Closed Thread

Old 04-14-16, 12:13 PM   #31
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: 2016 Albino Checkered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Um. I think you misread? That's exactly what I said. I said the white supers were limited to ball pythons. I listed a bunch of super forms of boa constrictors...I kinda realize supers aren't limited to ball pythons. As far as other white supers, I said I think it's mostly limited to ball pythons, because I see few other super forms in other snakes that result in all-white animals. The only super in boa constrictors that results in white animals is the super fire/White Diamond.
Retics and Burms each have a Lucy I believe.

But I'm being nitpicky.

Last edited by Aaron_S; 04-14-16 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-14-16, 12:29 PM   #32
macandchz

al, sometime you'll have to post a picture of where you keep all these snakes! i'm curious!
Old 04-14-16, 03:07 PM   #33
RAD House

Quote:
Um. I think you misread? That's exactly what I said. I said the white supers were limited to ball pythons. I listed a bunch of super forms of boa constrictors...I kinda realize supers aren't limited to ball pythons. As far as other white supers, I said I think it's mostly limited to ball pythons, because I see few other super forms in other snakes that result in all-white animals. The only super in boa constrictors that results in white animals is the super fire/White Diamond.
No I read fine, I just don't understand the point you are trying to make and how it helps explain anything. A white snake is not mutually exclusive of being a super in any snake. Not to mention the term super is not even really the correct term, but derivative slang of the ball python community.
Old 04-14-16, 03:39 PM   #34
riddick07

Pretty! Do you breed your California red Sided ones? My stepfather is dying to have one of those...apparently the snake thing is contagious lol
4.5 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 6.7 Corns, 1.3.1 Ball Python, 7.15 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 2.2 Retics, 2.2 Wolf Snake, 0.1 BRB, 1.2 BCC Suriname, 1.1 Ridleyi Beauty, 0.1 False Water Cobra, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.0 Halmahera BTS, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse
Old 04-14-16, 04:17 PM   #35
Kokorobosoi

I can't wait to hear about those too! ��
Login to remove ads
Old 04-14-16, 05:04 PM   #36
SWDK

Thanks for all the info and pictures Albert. Sorry I seemed to have opened a can of worms with my question. Either way the the bottom line is they are beautiful snakes.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Old 04-15-16, 02:01 PM   #37
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Retics and Burms each have a Lucy I believe.

But I'm being nitpicky.
Knew about the retic, didn't realize the Burm was a super. Makes sense I guess. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
No I read fine, I just don't understand the point you are trying to make and how it helps explain anything. A white snake is not mutually exclusive of being a super in any snake. Not to mention the term super is not even really the correct term, but derivative slang of the ball python community.
My point was exactly what I said it was. That I see very few super forms of morphs that result in white snakes, and that I've mainly only seen white supers in ball pythons.

I said what I did to try clarify supers (listing super hypos, super motleys, etc.), and then making a statement that it doesn't always result in white snakes.

Whether it's a slang term reserved for ball pythons I didn't realize because it's used quite often with boa constrictors as well. Super is used in other snake communities so I figured it was all the same. I'm not sitting here trying to start drama, I'm not sure where all this is coming from, not trying to insult anyone with a use of a word or anything. I'm having a hard time understanding the vitriol.
Old 04-15-16, 03:53 PM   #38
Kokorobosoi

Anyways.....those are some gorgeous animals!!! I think we need pics of them....in hats!
Old 04-16-16, 06:51 PM   #39
Albert Clark

Quote:
I really like the lighter albinos, whether they're super pastels or not.
@ bsg , the lighter one in pic#2 right? I made a mistake calling them "supers". They probably are just a color mutation from two albino checkered parents.

Or like in boa constrictors, breeding hypo to hypo, jungle to jungle, Roswell to Roswell, motley to motley, so on and so forth. None of these result in all-white snakes, I think that's mostly limited to ball pythons.
That was my mistake. Said mojave to mojave, fire to fire would usually result in a all white snake. That was me.
Quote:
It has nothing to do with ball pythons it is the type of genetic trait which occur among numerous species in the entire animal kingdom including our selves. Not all "supers" or heterozygous incomplete dominant morphs are white even in the ball python world.
That was my error MC. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Wise Owl View Post
Wow, congrats

I've thought about adding a pair of albino checkered garters to our family. They're pretty neat
Thanks LWO, I appreciate that. Garters are a special snake. Very alert and bordering on intelligent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtalis View Post
Congrats man, thanks for the explanation about the super morphs Will you be holding any back for future breeding projects?
Thanks sir! Yes I will be holding back the albino pastel checkered and 1 of the high white albino checkered.
Quote:
My mistake bsg. I referred to it incorrectly. Thanks.
Old 04-16-16, 07:11 PM   #40
Albert Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandchz View Post
al, sometime you'll have to post a picture of where you keep all these snakes! i'm curious!
Thanks mac. I have and I will.
Quote:
That was my mistake MC. My wording earlier. I mentioned that by breeding the homozygous form of codominate genes would yield a white snake always as a super.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick07 View Post
Pretty! Do you breed your California red Sided ones? My stepfather is dying to have one of those...apparently the snake thing is contagious lol
Yes I am. But they are still growing up. If you want one right now PM me and I will tell you where you can get one tomorrow. Serious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokorobosoi View Post
I can't wait to hear about those too! ��
Koko, pm me for the reference to the breeder of the Calif red sideds. He just hatched out 26 babies! But they go fast so you will have to put in a order right away. I won't have any babies until next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDK View Post
Thanks for all the info and pictures Albert. Sorry I seemed to have opened a can of worms with my question. Either way the the bottom line is they are beautiful snakes.
Yeah SW! YW. NP. It's a learning experience for everyone involved and that's what it's about. Thank you.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-16-16, 07:32 PM   #41
Albert Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokorobosoi View Post
Anyways.....those are some gorgeous animals!!! I think we need pics of them....in hats!
Thanks Koko! I think the hats would cover them up so as you wouldn't see them. I'll think of something though. Haha.
Old 04-16-16, 08:16 PM   #42
bigsnakegirl785

Will you be posting all your 2016 checkered litters here, or just your albinos?
Old 04-16-16, 08:29 PM   #43
Albert Clark

Quote:
Will you be posting all your 2016 checkered litters here, or just your albinos?
I will be doing it on thamnophis and here as well. Thanks for all your help and consideration. I appreciate that. You like that albino checkered in pic#2 ? That high white albino ? Or were you referring to the albino pastel?

Last edited by Albert Clark; 04-16-16 at 08:34 PM..
Old 04-17-16, 12:02 PM   #44
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
I will be doing it on thamnophis and here as well. Thanks for all your help and consideration. I appreciate that. You like that albino checkered in pic#2 ? That high white albino ? Or were you referring to the albino pastel?
The lightest one in the first picture, I think that one's the pastel?
Old 04-17-16, 12:36 PM   #45
Albert Clark

Quote:
The lightest one in the first picture, I think that one's the pastel?
PM sent.....
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread