sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-12, 02:23 PM   #61
theapexgerman
Banned

Re: Read this now!

police has very little power if you think bout it reason I'm becoming one is the pay increase and to prove my dad wrong
Old 01-17-12, 02:42 PM   #62
mykee
Super Genius

Re: At a loss for words...

Stephan, I'm heartbroken.
So are you saying you disagree with me?
Is this even your fight?
CAN you even fight this fight living where you do?
Personally, for the most part, I stopped caring about other peoples collections a long time ago and have focused on keeping my animals clean, healthy and fed.
You'll find that when push comes to shove, there really is no "community" of reptile enthusiasts, just a bunch of individual keepers who could care less about you and your collection.
Me me me.
You'll see.
Once you've been around longer than 8.4 seconds in this hobby you'll figure that out.
Until then you're speaking on deaf ears and making a general nuisance of yourself with all your vulgarity and bold lettering.

Once the fight comes north of the border (where my voice counts) I'll be on the front lines to defend MY collection. If everyone thought the way I do, LOTS more public outcry would have happened.

So what's your motive here; you don't have a horse in this race, you don't have a voice in this fight, are you just pushing out your chest to show everyone how loud and obnoxious you can be?
You win, we get it.
What's your deal?

USARK has been busting their a$$es trying to do what they can to get these laws voted down. Clearly they didn't have the support of the hobbyists and breeders (who have far more to lose than USARK) behind them.
Serves. Them. Right.
I'm just waiting for the other seven species to be banned as well.

Last edited by mykee; 01-17-12 at 02:58 PM..
Old 01-17-12, 02:44 PM   #63
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

If I had a photo to replace those officers with congressman, or even sheep dressed as congressman, I'd use it.
Old 01-17-12, 02:48 PM   #64
infernalis

Re: $%## this Roony *******

What about Monitors and Tegu lizards??

I saw a freaking show on Animal Planet the other day where they portrayed Argentine Tegus as a menace in Florida.

Tegu Lizards

This old woman was "Oh god it's going to eat me" That thing is nasty.. It was in my yard.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 01-17-12, 02:50 PM   #65
theapexgerman
Banned

lol like i said it doesn't bother me XD but i do hate donuts tho
Login to remove ads
Old 01-17-12, 02:58 PM   #66
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post

USARK has been busting their a$$es trying to do what they can to get these laws voted down. Clearly they didn't have the support of the hobbyists behind them.
Serves them right.
Regarding USARK, they have been great but I don't think they are doing it the right way.
Regarding you... I was going to think up some clever way to tell you off but right now I've got more important "a$$es" to yell at.
Old 01-17-12, 03:01 PM   #67
mykee
Super Genius

Grow up...
Old 01-17-12, 03:01 PM   #68
infernalis

May be of interest.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich @ HC.com
This morning a joint press conference was held by Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, Interior Dept Director, Ken Salazar; and US Fish & Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe at Everglades National Park (ENP) to make an Everglades conservation and preservation announcement. It was made public that a final rule would be enacted by FWS potentially restricting trade in 9 constricting snakes. Although there had been no word from FWS or White House oversight officials prior to the press conference, Andrew Wyatt CEO USARK, learned of a “rumor” on the “HILL” that there would be an announcement regarding the Constrictor Listing; a listing of 9 constricting snakes to the Injurious Wildlife list of the Lacey Act. This is an action that could destroy $104 million per year in small business while potentially making more than 1 million Americans into Lacey Act felons. This action has now come to pass; albeit in a more limited fashion than was pushed by FWS and the powerful environmental and animal rights lobby.

As of now the Constrictor Rule, when enacted, will BAN the IMPORT and INTERSTATE TRANSPORT of the following 4 species: Burmese Python, Northern African Python, Southern African Python and Yellow Anaconda.

USARK will be making further announcements regarding potential legal remedy to the flagrant disregard for “science”, due process, or information quality standards by FWS and the Obama Administration. This is a clear example of policy being based on staff preference combined with political considerations, rather than clear science and due process. The FWS failed at every level to make a solid case for justifying a Lacey Act listing. How the White House can justify this train wreck of a rule to pass is a mystery. In the opinion of USARK the actions of FWS are arbitrary, capricious and unlawful. That is not a charge that is unfamiliar to FWS. In 2010 FWS scientists were found guilty of falsifying information to manufacture science to support a rule on the Delta Smelt in the Central Valley of California. FWS was found guilty of being “arbitrary, capricious and unlawful" in their effort to add the controversial fish to the Endangered Species Act. USARK will pursue available legal remedy to this travesty of justice and blatant misuse of the Lacey Act. The Lacey Act was the wrong tool for the wrong reason.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 01-17-12, 03:01 PM   #69
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
So are you saying you disagree with me?
Is this even your fight?
CAN you even fight this fight living where you do?
Personally, for the most part, I stopped caring about other peoples collections a long time ago and have focused on keeping my animals clean, healthy and fed.
You'll find that when push comes to shove, there really is no "community" of reptile enthusiasts, just a bunch of individual keepers who could care less about you and your collection.
Me me me.
You'll see.
Once you've been around longer than 8.4 seconds in this hobby you'll figure that out.
Until then you're speaking on deaf ears and making a general nuisance of yourself with all your vulgarity and bold lettering.

Once the fight comes north of the border (where my voice counts) I'll be on the front lines to defend MY collection. If everyone thought the way I do, LOTS more public outcry would have happened.

So what's your motive here; you don't have a horse in this race, you don't have a voice in this fight, are you just pushing out your chest to show everyone how loud and obnoxious you can be?
You win, we get it.
What's your deal?

USARK has been busting their a$$es trying to do what they can to get these laws voted down. Clearly they didn't have the support of the hobbyists and breeders (who have far more to lose than USARK) behind them.
Serves. Them. Right.
Yes I can fight from where I currently stand, and if you thought for more then a second you could figure out how.
I DO have a horse in this race, as I plan on moving to the states next year.
Even if I wasn't I'd still fight, and do you know why? Because I care about more then just ME, I have friends and family who live in the states and I'm willing to fight for more then just MY interests.
Old 01-17-12, 03:03 PM   #70
Necrias

Email sent, phone call made. This REALLY blows, considering I just invested a very large amount of money (for me) on a few new burms that I was hoping on breeding in a few years.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-17-12, 03:04 PM   #71
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Thanks Wayne.
Time for YOU to grow up Mykee.
Old 01-17-12, 03:05 PM   #72
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Re: $%## this Roony *******

Uninformed people are one of our biggest opponents right now, the most that tegu could do is rip off a toe or a finger... that is if she forgot that its about the same size as a football..
Old 01-17-12, 03:06 PM   #73
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

I'm sorry you feel that way. I've been in the hobby for most of my life, and I feel that this community is one of the strongest communities in my area. Everybody knows everybody. Everybody helps everybody. Yeah, there are a few apathetic individuals, and there are a few bad apples, but there are those of us who realize community is everything.
Old 01-17-12, 03:06 PM   #74
CK SandBoas
queen of the Chicken Dance

Send a message via Yahoo to CK SandBoas

E-mails Sent, phone call made.
Old 01-17-12, 03:07 PM   #75
mykee
Super Genius

Quote:
"I DO have a horse in this race, as I plan on moving to the states next year."
Bingo!!!
Knew I'd get to the bottom of this if I asked the right question.
It's all about You You You and keeping your big species when you head south next year.
Ulterior motive uncovered.
Closed Thread