border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-17, 10:45 PM   #1
uhhlise_nacole

FINALLY Have Shots Of Kaisor The Retic

It's been quite a while since we brought this little guy in and I'm so excited to finally have some pictures of him to share! When he first came in he had a lot of heavy shed stuck to him so he wasn't ready for a photo session. He's had a great complete intact shed since then. Surprisingly he's the most gentle eating snake I've ever cared for (which almost makes is scarier). thankfully he also does great with handling sessions which we've been trying to increase in frequency since we know his attitude a little better. Overall he's wonderful and has been a great introduction to Retic's.

Also, I'm not sure why he enjoys this hammock so much. We had thrown it in one day just to see what he'd do with it. now he prefers this one to his actual hides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.JPG (40.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0139.JPG (40.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0140.JPG (58.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0141.JPG (60.0 KB, 49 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 03-09-17, 10:51 PM   #2
GyGbeetle

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle
Re: FINALLY Have Shots Of Kaisor The Retic

I have a boa that will open his mouth and let you drop in a jumbo rat. It's awesome when they're gentle.

Your little guy is so beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 03-09-17, 11:00 PM   #3
uhhlise_nacole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGbeetle View Post
I have a boa that will open his mouth and let you drop in a jumbo rat. It's awesome when they're gentle.

Your little guy is so beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics
Thank you! That has to be a cool thing to experience! I was expecting him to be rather ruthless but our Burmese is the one that you've got to really watch. She wastes no time.
Old 03-10-17, 12:15 AM   #4
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Very nice critter! I love those eyes.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 03-10-17, 04:31 AM   #5
Scubadiver59

My "little" King, which I just got, is a little timid right now, but when she strikes the pinky--LOOK OUT! I have a short video of her from the other night, under red light, where she struck, whipped herself into a ball and rolled in that ball for several inches across the viv, as she constricted the dead pinky. Some serious feeding there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhlise_nacole View Post
Thank you! That has to be a cool thing to experience! I was expecting him to be rather ruthless but our Burmese is the one that you've got to really watch. She wastes no time.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-10-17, 09:19 AM   #6
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Of all the snakes I've kept my MBK would hit her food the hardest. She was only 900g but she would knock the tongs out of my hands sometimes. I used to love that sound and that feeling of speed and power when she struck, especially for such a small snake. She was an absolute sweetie outside of feeding time though.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 03-10-17, 09:52 AM   #7
dave himself

Beautiful retic you've got there
Old 03-10-17, 01:44 PM   #8
SnoopySnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhlise_nacole View Post
Also, I'm not sure why he enjoys this hammock so much. We had thrown it in one day just to see what he'd do with it. now he prefers this one to his actual hides.
Nice looking retic. Retics actually do appreciate climbing space, I had an SD retic who was perched on his branch in his tub Does your little guy by chance have super dwarf or dwarf influence? It looks to me like it possibly could, but take that with a grain of salt as I definitely am not the most knowledgeable as far as looks of locales.
Closed Thread