border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-17, 12:24 PM   #1
teddybear_

Burmese Python + Toddler

Hi! This is my first time posting to this forum, so I hope I'm doing it right? Anyway, as you can probably guess by the title, I'm currently the proud owner of a Burmese, who caps in at about 10 feet, currently. The problem is, my fiancé and I have plans to move in together, and he has a three year old daughter. And I have some concerns.

Has anyone kept a Burmese and a small child in the same household? Were there any problems? How did you manage to keep both the snake and the child safe?

Currently, both my Burm's tank and the room the tank is kept in have locks, and she's never let out without my constant supervision. For the years I've had her, she's a very docile thing, never even tried to bite, and is very easy with my ten year old nephew. But, I don't know. I still feel anxious about the whole thing.

Obviously, my step-daughter will be my first priority, and if necessary, my uncle (Burm's original breeder) is willing to take the snake off my hands. But before I make any decisions like that, I'd love to hear some of your takes on a situation like this.
Login to remove ads

Tags
advice needed, burm, burmese, burmese python, safety