Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-13, 03:40 PM   #31
EmbraceCalamity

Re: shedding concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_bug87 View Post
They do indeed and they do so surprisingly quick. Before I bought my female the supplier I got her from was convinced she was a male. When he tried to pop her she dropped her whole tail. It grew back in a little under 2 months
That's really cool. Oh, those are those jeweled lacertas I was admiring before, right? I'm still so jealous of you having those. If only I wasn't a poor college student. D= Did they produce any eggs yet?

~Maggot
Old 01-24-13, 03:52 PM   #32
lady_bug87
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to lady_bug87

Haha yes my jeweled.

No eggs yet
Old 01-24-13, 03:58 PM   #33
EmbraceCalamity

Hopefully someday down the road I'll come around and see posts of babies.

~Maggot
Old 01-24-13, 04:50 PM   #34
JWFugle

ok here are some pictures 2 days after the tip of her tail came off.

its not bleeding and i see no black scales or any thing abnormal. as i have been informed however i am a "knows nothing nobody" so i could be off..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1217.jpg (21.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1222.jpg (25.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-24-13, 05:01 PM   #35
lady_bug87
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to lady_bug87

No one ever said you didn't know anything so chill out.

Its hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the skin is missing like if you were to shave your finger and expose the meat.

I would at least CALL a vet.

Are you treating the area? If so what are you treating it with?

Have you cleared the substrate away or is the snake on some kind of loose bedding?

EDIT: this does not rule out necrosis
Login to remove ads
Old 01-24-13, 06:23 PM   #36
Relentless

Here's my .02 again. Take it for what it's worth, because I am not going to order someone to do something or say it rudely.

One, try to get the snake into the boaphile ASAP as that will help greatly with your husbandry issues so this doesn't happen again. I would treat the tip of the tail with something to keep it clean. The tip is missing scales and is clearly red, which is understandable given the circumstances. I would also call a vet and explain that exactly and see what they suggest. The snake's health should be utmost importance and if a vet visit is needed, then suck it up and take the animal. That's being a responsible owner.

The way that this forum handles issues is ridiculous. Sometimes I really can't believe the level of maturity. Arguing with someone that does not have the same morality level as you, or in this case, doesn't agree with you, is pointless. You can't beat them into submission with a keyboard. I'm deleting my account. JWFugle, I wish you the best of luck. I hope she heals without an issue and sheds well next time! And get her into that boaphile!
Old 01-24-13, 06:41 PM   #37
mykee
Super Genius

That snake has an ACTIVE infection in the top of the tail. Take it to the vet. Period. Was that too harsh? Did I make you cry? I don't care if I hurt your feelings, it's about the animal.
Secondly, if you had provided proper husbandry, this would never have happened. So if this snake gets proper veterinary care and lives, fix the husbandry.
Old 01-24-13, 09:15 PM   #38
Squirtle
Banned

The tip of the tail does not look so good.. I would get it to a vet before it spreads to the rest of the body.
Old 01-24-13, 09:50 PM   #39
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceCalamity View Post
I'm not saying whether it is or not (though you seem to be switching back and forth between "worst case scenario" and "has in fact been apart of this situation"). But you claimed lady_bug said that this "is" necrosis, and I was pointing out that she didn't. She took great care to emphasize the word "could," which you seemed to ignore.

But yes, I do have reading comprehension, hence me picking up on the word "could."

~Maggot
I just wanted to stop the confusion you seem to have had with my words.

The situation: Shed skin didn't come off the tip of the tail. It had no circulation so it "died", this is called necrosis, the fell off. (see how it's apart of the situation).

Now as I stated, WORST CASE SCENARIO from that point forward is that the healthy tissue can still be infected and no one will know until symptoms show up again and at that point could be too late leading to the snakes death.

Now do you see how I actually wasn't switching "back and forth" but stating two parts of the situation.

I do see the new pictures and despite people having panties in a wad, I've continually gave out the right advice.
Old 01-24-13, 09:53 PM   #40
EmbraceCalamity

That's nice, Aaron. I'm not going to argue with you any more.

~Maggot
Old 01-24-13, 09:55 PM   #41
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceCalamity View Post
That's nice, Aaron. I'm not going to argue with you any more.

~Maggot
I wasn't looking for one, I was fixing the confusion between my posts that you seemed to have had.
Old 01-24-13, 10:00 PM   #42
EmbraceCalamity

That's nice. Hope the OP gets their snake's issues figured out.

~Maggot
Old 01-25-13, 12:04 AM   #43
JWFugle

im not upset or insulted... my comment about the lack of respect and insulting was about you guys fighting with each other... i know im a rookie.i joined anticipating being told im doing somethings wrong, obviously i messed up or i wont have this thread going in the first place.

with that out of the way...

ok i got the worst case scenario thing but i just dont see it happening those disease dont just spawn from thing air. it looks like a normal injury would now that it is healing properly. the pics make it look darker then it is. she will be in the boaphile this weekend and will get some vet advice, im not too cheap to see them, i just went to you guys the ones who know just as much probably as these vets who have never seen a retic before.
Old 01-25-13, 06:49 AM   #44
mykee
Super Genius

Quote:
ok i got the worst case scenario thing but i just dont see it happening those disease dont just spawn from thing air.""
LOL!!! Yes they do. Tell my dad that who went into the hospital for a heart attack, acquired MRSA and lost his left leg above the knee.
Old 01-25-13, 07:41 AM   #45
SnakeyJay
Boa Lover

If necrosis made the tail drop off then it's completely possible that the infection is still there underneath what you can see..
Closed Thread

Tags
reticulated python, shed problem, shedding