border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-04, 03:34 PM   #1
bidden

New market expo

Just got home. It was kinda weak. I was shocked when I got there at 1pm and the place was empty. I was also shocked to see that some of the vendors didn't show, or had left by the time I got there( THE MONITOR SPOT!!!! espicially when I wanted to pick-up a temp gun!!!!!) everyone had great deals on though because of it. When I left at 2 I was the winning bid for the beardie from ICULIZARD in the silent auction. If I won that will be a pretty sweet deal, I bid $100, for any morph. gonna get me a nice and bright orange crush, or hypo, or sandfire/blood. not sure yet. Definatly well worth it.

got to talk to a bunch of people, I had to mention to Meghan from ICU that I was the winning bid(at the time) just so she knew . Tim from Capital dragons, he has some very nice red dragons, I wouldn't of complained if he was in the auction too. and Sam from ReptileKings. AMAZING leo's. Sorry man, if I just hadn't bought 2 albino's I would have definatly taken that Hypo-tang. maybe next year when you have your Tang-albino's.

Saw some cool looking Helmuted gecko, which I might get in the future. Pictus are really cool too. Can't decide what the next addition will be....

If anyone was there at the end and know's who won the silent auction, let me know. thanks

Dan
Login to remove ads
Old 06-19-04, 05:37 PM   #2
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
The show might have been small, and not what vendors hoped, but for me as a buyer I thought it was a nice change from the normal big TO show.

You could walk around without bumping into people from all sides, you could actually take time and look at tables, you could even GET to the tables! :P

While this was crappy for the sellers I am sure, since it was a low turn out, it was nice to be able to breath and look at herps for once.

Although, I am looking forward to the next PCPC show!!!!

Marisa
Old 06-19-04, 05:57 PM   #3
asphyxia

I had a great time at the show, finally a chance to chat to the vendors. I hope it continues.

Brian
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Old 06-19-04, 08:09 PM   #4
Kimo

Send a message via ICQ to Kimo Send a message via MSN to Kimo
i'm not complaining...i'll agree that the crowd was rather weak, but i got more than i had intended, got me a Blizz leo, a anery kenyan, and this bad @$$ Dragon, from Tim, and Capital Dragons...(Sorry Tim i couldn't buy more...)

2.2 Bearded Dragon, 2.4 Leopard Geckos, 1.1 Veiled Chameleon, 1.1 Kenyan Sand Boa, 1.1 Royal/Ball Python, 1.1 Emerald Tree Boa, 1.0 Eastern Box Turtle, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python and 1.0 American Pit Bull Terrier
Old 06-19-04, 08:11 PM   #5
Capital Dragons

Well I just got home 9:15pm. I was up at 3am to drive from Ottawa to Newmarket. So needless to say I’m burnt! The show was ok. But there was hardly anyone there. For most of the day there were more vendors than there were people walking around. But it was a GREAT chance to talk to people and it was nice to meet some of the other vendors.

Quote:
Tim from Capital dragons, he has some very nice red dragons, I wouldn't of complained if he was in the auction too.
I told the organizer that I wanted to give 50$ towards any of my stock for the auction but by 1pm I hadn’t sold a dragon! (I think I wasn’t alone on that one) I had to drive from Ottawa and I just couldn’t afford to loose money and all that time to make it to the show. But I really wanted to help the rescue.

Near the end of the day people were auctioning off stuff and some one auctioned off a baby bearded dragon for 2$! I’m sorry but I think there is something wrong with that…

Any way I need some sleep but I had a great time talking about what I love, sales or no sales. And that just means that there will be more killer dragons for the Sept 12 pcpc in T.O. and the TARS show Sept 25-26th in Calgary.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-19-04, 08:22 PM   #6
ICULIZARD
Site Supporter

We had a great time and want to thank Nadia for all her hard work in setting up the show!
We do know who won our silent auction (winner receiving a baby bearded dragon of their choice, any morph). We won't give away the secret but Nadia will be contacting you shortly!!

Megan
ICULIZARD
Old 06-19-04, 08:25 PM   #7
Lisa

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
I didn't know there was a newmarket show... very well kept secret.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 06-20-04, 12:37 AM   #8
Bartman

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
I was helping out a vendor, and we didnt do to bad...even though our only sales were from other vendors lol, but i got to meet a lot of people i would never find in the big busy shows..im finially starting to get into actually talking to the reptile people instead of just on the forums

today i met asphyixia which was great, i also met dragndrop and another not so avid poster but all in all i had a pretty good time..and i got my chameleon!
Old 06-20-04, 09:32 AM   #9
Linds
Former Moderator no longer active

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
I didn't know there was a newmarket show... very well kept secret.
LOL indeed it was I didn't find out until the show last weekend, and even then I didn't know when it was, just that there was an upcoming show in Newmarket.
Old 06-20-04, 04:27 PM   #10
Reptile Kings

Re: New market expo

Quote:
Originally posted by bidden
and Sam from ReptileKings. AMAZING leo's. Sorry man, if I just hadn't bought 2 albino's I would have definatly taken that Hypo-tang. maybe next year when you have your Tang-albino's.
Dan
Great meeting you there Dan! Finally can put a face to a name on these forums. We did end up selling both those hypo tangs to Reptile Oasis, they were very happy with their purchase, and then got home, had many emails, sold a UG line to a happy customer in Manitoba, Winnipeg. So it was a great weekend. Tang Albinos will be a hot hot hot item for next year, lot of great feeback regarding them, can't wait! We let some people hold our tang albino stud at the show

The show was rather slow, but nontheless it was great! We met tons of great vendors, such as Tim from Capital Dragons, what a great setup and a great guy! Simon and his brother from Extreme Snakes, they're great brothers, very funny.
Reptile Oasis as always are extremely nice and friendly, Megan from ICULIZARD, so nice, and what a great setup as well! and the list goes on and on.
So in that sense it was a great opportunity for us to meet lots of people.
There were a lot of kids there though, again people thinking it was more of a "zoo" than a reptile expo with vendors coming from all parts and from hours and hours away, which would've liked to sell something.
It was a first time show, so it will only get better.

Ya, there were quite a few vendors that didn't show, made it look bare in there. It would've been nice if they emailed Nadia, so she could've moved things around ahead of time, helping in it not look so bare...

Great show overall though, and great meeting a lot of you!
See you at the pcpc show!
-Sam

Last edited by Reptile Kings; 06-20-04 at 07:40 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 06-20-04, 04:39 PM   #11
Reptile Kings

Quote:
Originally posted by Linds
LOL indeed it was I didn't find out until the show last weekend, and even then I didn't know when it was, just that there was an upcoming show in Newmarket.
The Newmarket Reptile Expo banner was on the banner rotations of this site on all forums for the past two months, as well as many postings on it from people on different forums....
-Sam
Old 06-20-04, 09:23 PM   #12
asphyxia

So what could be done to get a bigger crowd next time I wonder?

and on that note when will the next show be ?

B
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Old 06-20-04, 10:52 PM   #13
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
I am not sure why they didn't go around to the major semi local forums and announce it with a thread??? I would have posted at queensnake canada, ssnakess.com, among many others. Just to get the word out there. I didn't see any such posting.

Marisa
Old 06-20-04, 11:05 PM   #14
Swampwalker

I didn't hear about it till the middle of this week. I also think it was to close to the Toronto Expo, 2 shows in 2 weeks is too close together (especially since the vendors are the same).
Old 06-21-04, 06:53 AM   #15
Painted Desert

I had a good time, it was nice to meet so many forum people. Sold all my amelanistic Fat Tails as well.... ahhh, to other breeders... makes me nervous! LOL They'll be hot on my tail next year! The baby beardie normal started at $2.... um, and, ah..seems i brought it home for $20. I am more than a little annoyed at the vendors who didn't show, and didn't even have the courtesy to notify Nadia... who turned down several prospective vendors because the tables were completely booked. Next time Nadia, get the tables paid in full up front!
Much less stress at this show, i'm sure it will grow given a little time
Linda

"Mack" Co-Dom Snows/Super Snows NOW AVAILABLE
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread