border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum
 

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-18, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2017
Location: OHIO
Posts: 94
Country:
best breeding mate

so today i went to my first expo and it was awesome. i went in looking for a cool morph to mate with my female bumblebee in the future. i wasn’t planning on purchasing yet just to look. i’ve done some research and have some ideas but still not entirely sure what morph would make some cool babies. i do not plan on breeding for 2/3 years, i just want to get a male that if i happen to breed down the road i’ll already have a good combo. thanks!
frankadank is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 04-24-18, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2017
Location: OHIO
Posts: 94
Country:
Re: best breeding mate

if anyone has any input to offer that’ll be nice. still thinking, but i found that mating her with a banana, blue eyed leucistic, lesser, or pewter would make some killer babies. any other cool ideas? personally the banana and blue eyed are the two i’m leaning towards for simply wanting to own one of them morphs, than just so happens they’d produce some really cool combos.
frankadank is offline  
Old 04-25-18, 04:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec-2017
Posts: 426
Country:
Re: best breeding mate

I've been keeping snakes for years and I'm still nowhere near ready to breed. It seems like half the new keepers that get a snake want to breed it...the BP market is already over saturated, but for some reason everybody wants to be a breeder and some actually believe they can make quick money breeding. The fact is, it takes years to start to turn a profit and so many people lose the passion as quickly as they found the hobby.

Anyway, as for a breeding male to pair with your girl: pick an animal with genes YOU like. Asking people to tell you what morph to buy is like asking people to pick out an outfit for you. It really comes down to what YOU like...
craigafrechette is online now  
Old 04-25-18, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
 
Aaron_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 33
Posts: 16,695
Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: best breeding mate

If it's for breeding purposes 2 or 3 years down the road wait another year or two before buying a male. In that time prices change and new things come around that will undoubtedly catch your eye.

Patience is key.
Aaron_S is offline  
Old 04-25-18, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2017
Location: OHIO
Posts: 94
Country:
Re: best breeding mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
I've been keeping snakes for years and I'm still nowhere near ready to breed. It seems like half the new keepers that get a snake want to breed it...the BP market is already over saturated, but for some reason everybody wants to be a breeder and some actually believe they can make quick money breeding. The fact is, it takes years to start to turn a profit and so many people lose the passion as quickly as they found the hobby.

Anyway, as for a breeding male to pair with your girl: pick an animal with genes YOU like. Asking people to tell you what morph to buy is like asking people to pick out an outfit for you. It really comes down to what YOU like...
i’m not trying to be a “breeder” i simply want to see mother nature with my own eyes and how these beautiful animals works. it’ll be a one time thing and i can sell the babies to some friends plus keep one. i wasn’t asking someone to decide.. i just simply wanted to know some opinions on cool babies my bumblebee can produce. once again 2/3 years down the road and a one time thing not trying to be balls deep into breeding.
frankadank is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 04-25-18, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2017
Location: OHIO
Posts: 94
Country:
Re: best breeding mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
If it's for breeding purposes 2 or 3 years down the road wait another year or two before buying a male. In that time prices change and new things come around that will undoubtedly catch your eye.

Patience is key.
understandable. i just have a fully prepared ready to go spare tank laying around since i upgraded my female. i planned on getting another snake at my next expo so i just thought might as well get one that can breed some cool babies with my female if i decide to 2/3 years down the road. yaknow? still loving the banana x bumbleebee outcomes
frankadank is offline  
Old 04-26-18, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec-2017
Posts: 426
Country:
Re: best breeding mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankadank View Post
i’m not trying to be a “breeder” i simply want to see mother nature with my own eyes and how these beautiful animals works. it’ll be a one time thing and i can sell the babies to some friends plus keep one. i wasn’t asking someone to decide.. i just simply wanted to know some opinions on cool babies my bumblebee can produce. once again 2/3 years down the road and a one time thing not trying to be balls deep into breeding.

Well then that's further reason to produce what YOU like. If you're keeping one and selling the remainder to a few friends you clearly aren't in it for profit. So my two cents is to work with something you like.
craigafrechette is online now  
Old 04-26-18, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
 
Aaron_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov-2002
Location: Toronto
Age: 33
Posts: 16,695
Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: best breeding mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankadank View Post
understandable. i just have a fully prepared ready to go spare tank laying around since i upgraded my female. i planned on getting another snake at my next expo so i just thought might as well get one that can breed some cool babies with my female if i decide to 2/3 years down the road. yaknow? still loving the banana x bumbleebee outcomes
Put the tank in storage or sell it. Empty tank syndrome generally leads to impulse purchases and eventual overwhelming of the keeper.

I recommend enjoying your one snake for a little while longer.
Aaron_S is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-17, Hobby Solutions Inc.

right

SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0