border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Pogona Vitticeps

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-16, 10:06 AM   #31 (permalink)

Re: Dragon Feet

Dragon Feet is the sweetest one as always, she stopped growing as fast recently. We finally teached her that roaches are nothing scary and she will eat them when they are in her bug bowl (if they wander in her cage she will pretend she can't see them).

Old 12-21-16, 10:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

Basil as always taked her weird pose that makes her super fat... She's a little round but nowhere near as much as on the pics. She's also normally a lot lighter but she doesn't like being held too much and is always darker from the stress. I start to wonder if she may be a bearded&rankin's mix since she grows a little, but is still pretty small for a 6 months old beardie.

Old 01-28-17, 06:03 AM   #33 (permalink)

I did some update pics of our girls today as it's a nice, sunny day! Still need to take update of our boy too, but since he scratches me a lot I really don't like handling him recently... Any tips what to do with their nails? They have some stone slates in their tanks but it doesn't help too much...

Also I wanted a tegu soo much, but with two new dogs and a pony (we're buying house in the village and the seller can't take the animals with him so they'll stay with us) plus all our animals we really won't have enough money + space to feed such a big lizard... so I guess we'll stay with beardies and maybe some other small lizards. Any tips what other species are as friendly as beardies?

Old 01-28-17, 09:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Your beardies are so cute Sylphie.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 02:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki

Good looking beards! You could try looking into blue tongued skinks.. They're a similar size and usually easy to handle, but very different from bearded dragons still.
Old 01-29-17, 03:11 AM   #36 (permalink)

Beautiful beardies, I started with geckos and beardies, before going over to snakes
Old 01-29-17, 12:33 PM   #37 (permalink)

Thanks Ziggy, I love how each of them has totally different personality and behaviors!

Tsubaki, for now blue tongue skinks are recommended to me most, so I guess I need to look into them, haha!

MartinD, thank you! For me it was snakes first but I now know that lizards are a lot closer to my heart than snakes... but I still love snakes too, so I'll still have both of them, haha!
Old 01-29-17, 08:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

Like you had mentioned earlier in the thread, I myself at first was not pressed to attempt Beardies. they seemed interesting, just not my reptilian cup of tea. An elderly couple found us to see if we would be willing to care for the 2 adults they had since one required medication and a lot of TLC. They quickly became my favorite animals to watch. They do have such unique personalities and so mischievous! always up to something humorous. Yours have beautiful colors!
uhhlise_nacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 03:46 AM   #39 (permalink)

A little late "January" update on Bazyl! He was in shed, so that's why his monthly update is now moved two weeks later. He's soo more yellow now that I can't really describe how amazed I am. Just look at the pics and see the difference!

And yes, I know that the gloves look kinda funny with beardie, but I have really delicate skin and he has really shaaarp nails, so when he starts to scratch ("I'm a big man, you can't hold me in place!") I end up with soo many stinging marks that I just decided to use gloves. Unfortunately he hates clipping his nails, and the stone slates don't help, so it'll be big bad*ss gloves for now.

Him as a baby:

At around 5 months old:

Today at 9 months old:

Old 04-12-17, 09:01 AM   #40 (permalink)

I finaly uploaded March pics from the camera!

Here is Basil, normal around 9/10 months old

Orange oddball Dragon Feet, 11 months old

Old 04-12-17, 09:02 AM   #41 (permalink)

and our big boy Bazyl, orange citrus leatherback, also 11 months old, who is already as big as adult male dragon