border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-17, 12:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Re: Diving in Headfirst...in a shallow pool

Much better pictures and my apologies for any confusion.

Very nice looking snake.
Old 05-11-17, 03:08 PM   #32 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

All I have right now is small rats, so I might double up or feed a small every 7-10 days until I get some medium rats and and then switch to a 10-14 day schedule with the mediums.

Had to give the snake a few taps when transferring from the 110L Sterilite box to the viv, it was hissing at me a little too much for comfort. Then I used the hook to start lifting the pointy end and reached down/in to get a hold to start lifting; needless to say, that didn't last long as the snake started becoming animated, and I was able to drop the hook and use both hands to transfer it to its new digs. Once there, it started looking around, took a drink from the water dish I put in, and then it went exploring again.

I really need to get something for it to climb on, something to keep it busy, but it's raining so wood is out of the question, so I might consider some kind of PVC tubing set up in the meantime.
Old 05-12-17, 12:27 AM   #33 (permalink)

He's a beauty mate
Old 05-12-17, 12:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone!

All I have right now is small rats, so I might double up or feed a small every 7-10 days until I get some medium rats and and then switch to a 10-14 day schedule with the mediums.

Had to give the snake a few taps when transferring from the 110L Sterilite box to the viv, it was hissing at me a little too much for comfort. Then I used the hook to start lifting the pointy end and reached down/in to get a hold to start lifting; needless to say, that didn't last long as the snake started becoming animated, and I was able to drop the hook and use both hands to transfer it to its new digs. Once there, it started looking around, took a drink from the water dish I put in, and then it went exploring again.

I really need to get something for it to climb on, something to keep it busy, but it's raining so wood is out of the question, so I might consider some kind of PVC tubing set up in the meantime.
Possible daft question but why does rain mean you can't collect a bit of wood?
Old 05-12-17, 04:06 AM   #35 (permalink)

Shhhh....don't tell anyone!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Possible daft question but why does rain mean you can't collect a bit of wood?