border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-17, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Ono progression thread

Asfs seemed to be the trick, I thawed her last one with quail. When she struck she ripped the tail off. I can get thudders that are 120g+ so I'm okay with her as an adult on those. Paired with quail I'll be okay.

Good luck man, I basically gave up with the rats. I've spent months and months scenting with birds and she refused so much. I've thrown in the towel now that I have a source that breeds bigger asfs. I'm okay with that, the picky and pretty itch.
Old 07-10-17, 11:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Success!! She ate a 21g rat pup tonight. If the ASFs are 120g you'll be fine feeding Ono 1-2 of those per feeding as an adult.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 04:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Congrats man

Thudders that my source has are 120g but I've heard of other people selling 70g "jumbo" so depends a lot.
Old 07-28-17, 01:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Awesome carpet how is it going with her?
Louv44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-17, 06:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks, she is doing well now. Despite going into shed on her last meal she ate 4 asfs in a row. She is looking girthy now, hopefully she will put some size on her now.

Old 08-05-17, 09:01 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ono has been a good girl lately eating regularly. She shed the other day and looks to be spilling out of her current arboreal hides. Decided it was time to setup her adult cage. Have a stat probe setup but haven't dialed in the heating yet. There is a temp/humidity and stat probe on the right side. The CFL is more for my working. I'll replace it with an LED bulb when I get some more.

What are your thoughts on this cage?

Old 08-05-17, 02:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Looks very nice. I'd put a load more plants in there - fake of real - but other than that I like it.
Old 08-05-17, 11:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

I'm digging the enclosure Blaze. Ono should be very comfy in there.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
Old 08-06-17, 05:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

She's looking well mate and that's a class enclosure
Old 08-06-17, 06:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks guys

Yeah I agree danny, I'll add some more. That was all I had so have to pick up some more. Pretty happy how it turned out, I think I have the che set right so i'm just about ready to move her.
Old 08-06-17, 02:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ok guys v2.0. Moved a plastic hide onto the top of the cork bark ledge for security seeing as she is still small. I replaced it's old location with a nice cork round that will make an excellent hide. It's center under the lightbulb. I also have a hide bottom left just black plastic and then the large cork on the right that I stuffed a fake plant in to fill up space until she grows up. The moss vine was ridiculously messy to work with but I think it looks great wrapped on the branch. She will have plenty of options to curl up inside and perch in various heat temperatures.

Old 08-06-17, 02:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
Ok guys v2.0. Moved a plastic hide onto the top of the cork bark ledge for security seeing as she is still small. I replaced it's old location with a nice cork round that will make an excellent hide. It's center under the lightbulb. I also have a hide bottom left just black plastic and then the large cork on the right that I stuffed a fake plant in to fill up space until she grows up. The moss vine was ridiculously messy to work with but I think it looks great wrapped on the branch. She will have plenty of options to curl up inside and perch in various heat temperatures.

I'm liking it! Very nice. Need to sort my 6 footers out before I can build my IJ's 4' but can't wait to get it done.
Old 08-06-17, 10:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Looks amazing Blaze. I really need an enclosure interior decorator!
Old 08-07-17, 06:21 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Looks amazing Blaze. I really need an enclosure interior decorator!
Thanks man, I'm available for hire, travel and accommodations paid for