border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-16, 02:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Jag neuro issues?

Ok, let me roll back what I said a bit. I didn't mean we can get everyone to stop buying jags/spiders. I meant for that sentence to just illustrate the concept of supply and demand. The lower the demand, the lower the supply.
sockSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 05:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hmmm this was not the outcome I expected my question to create lol
Old 12-19-16, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
Hmmm this was not the outcome I expected my question to create lol
so, let's get back to your question. it's possible that the issue may become worse. I think it is more unlikely than likely.

I currently have 8 jags in my collection ranging in age from 1 yr to 11 yr. I've also had a four others in the past. every one of them has exhibited the neuro issue to some degree. only one of the 12 has had anything other than a very mild case. a male DCI-jag who is now 10 years old had a good case of the wobble at birth. he was difficult to feed for his first year or two. the meal usually had to be offered 4-6 times before he could either hit it or find it once he was done constricting. the snake did and still does have an obvious equilibrium problem. I believe the issue worsened when he hit about 6 yrs. however, the feeding difficulties ceased after about 2 years. today he's usually successful on the first strike. he spends as much time upside down as he does right side up these days.

it sounds as though your snake has minimum "wobble". I would expect it to stay that way.
DennisM is offline   Reply With Quote