border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-17, 01:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Re: Teddy updates and pics

Do you have another critter to go into the 4x2 for now sock? If so, his current enclosure still works well. If not, AP should be able to send you a divider or you can make one like you stated. I have a few of my younger carpets in split T8s. One of the jungles is ready for an upgrade so I'll be ordering at least one new cage soon.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-17, 08:34 AM   #32 (permalink)

No more critters. I also got him a shelf, and I'm not sure if the AP dividers work with those. He'll probably keep living in his current home for a bit longer. I feel like the T12 will be overkill for a long time.
sockSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-17, 03:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

So it's been a while. I've being lurking around the forum all this time, but just don't really have anything interesting to say. Here's an update on Teddy though.

He's living in his big boy home now, which I am trying to plan some fancy art projects for. One of those will probably be a new hide since he's about to outgrow his "bigger" one. I also found the two most perfect branches in a friend's neighborhood that are the exact length to span corner to corner, which he seems to like.

He's almost 300g nowadays and is up to small rats. I'm excited for whem he really starts to get big. He's starting to have a little less of that bug-eyed baby face.

Old 06-24-17, 03:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Nice looking setup and a very handsome boy you have there!
Old 06-24-17, 10:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

He's looking great and growing well Sock. Your enclosure looks nice too. How much do your small rats weigh? None of my carpets got smalls until they were about 500g.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
Login to remove ads
Old 06-25-17, 07:07 AM   #36 (permalink)

He is still a little cutie. He looks great, nice looking cage. Looks like he will have a lot of space to roam.
Old 06-25-17, 11:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

Thanks everyone.

The small rats are a little under 70g when I pick out the small ones. I just fed him his first one last week since the weaned rats are now barely 1x his girth and he hasn't grown much lately. Are you thinking I should hold off on the small rats for a little longer?
Old 06-25-17, 02:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

Heavier smalls, I had one on the scale yesterday and it was 51g.
Old 06-25-17, 05:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

My 700g Olive and 700g Bredli are eating small rats every 7-10 days. Sometimes I throw in a chick. Carpets can take some pretty large meals. I feed my young carpets 10-20% of their body weight per feeding and I mix it up between smaller and larger meals. I would probably keep him on weaned rats a little longer and maybe mix in a small every 2-3 feedings. But if you're gonna keep him on smalls just space out your feedings a little more.
Old 06-25-17, 06:58 PM   #40 (permalink)

Ok. I'll probably give him a mix of small and weaned then. Thanks for the tip.
Login to remove ads