border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Lampropeltis

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-17, 04:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: And then there was six...

To me, this corn snake does look a little overweight but the hips do look exceptionally wide given the rest of it's body. It still looks overweight, even obese, although I think the swelling by the cloaca would be a localized infection. The wounds could be from anything. Personally, I would've made a vet appointment the second I got home, maybe even made an emergency call. The snake seems alert and active, but its body condition is terrible and there's really no telling if it has much time left at all. I agree with everyone else here that a vet is a necessity at this point. This isn't like not going to the doctor for the sniffles, this is like not going to the doctor for a staff infection that swelled your right arm up to the size of a balloon.
Tiny Boidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-17, 08:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ok I took Maggie to the vet today... {My wife named her} She, {the vet} concurred with the seller saying it was a fat deposit and that it was probably from over feeding... She thought those two marks do look like a bite, but thought the two were unrelated, but none of it seem to be affecting her health...

I'm not one to take on a sick animal... I feel helpless and I feel sorry for the animal but I couldn't leave her there with this guy... She's been growing on me day by day... Fat butt and all... My $20.oo snake is now a $120.oo snake... Oh! she did say that it looked like a corn snake to her....
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
sattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-17, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Nice save Noel. I'm sure you'll give her a great home.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 09:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Psyrocke Send a message via Skype™ to Psyrocke

As I mentioned on the YouTube video of her, she looks a lot like both the female blizzard corn in a local pet store near me and my boyfriends corn who also looks like the blizzard in the store. My uneducated theory is that Maggie is a blizzard corn snake.
1.0.0 Vanilla Scream Ball Python
Psyrocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 02:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

It's a snow corn snake.

Glad the vet cleared her, i'm still suspicious myself...
Andy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 06-03-17, 04:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Now I know you have to have snow to have a blizzard but when it comes to corn snakes I don't think I would know the difference... Can you guys tell me what you're basing this on? Thanks...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 06-03-17, 05:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

I don't know Andy... If you look at google pictures I think she looks more like a blizzard then a snow... Her pattern is more like the blizzard then the snow...
Old 06-03-17, 08:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

My response was to reaffirm that its a corn, didn't see the previous post as I was rushed. Charcoal is basically a different strain of anery, usually less prone to browning out. The blizzards tend to stay very faintly patterned but its kinda variable. Snows are also variable but they usually have more defined patterns. My vote is pink snow corn. Possible to be a blizzard.
Andy_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 09:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Hmmm is it two marks? Cause I question that as a bite mark (but again, I couldn't really tell). But if the vet cleared it, good luck
Magdalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 10:26 AM   #25 (permalink)

Ok a quick update on Maggie... She is eating, pooping and shedding... I guess I can't ask for more than that... The two bite marks look way better since she shed and the bump is smaller since she pooped... I think I'm out of the woods now and I can give her a decent life... I really think she was housed with the kingsnake, that he had and they were fighting... Anyway here's a quick video of her...
https://youtu.be/UjJ-G-Ch1QA
Login to remove ads