border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Lampropeltis

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-17, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Older Addition

A "new" addition, but an older snake, that I'm hopefully going to pick up next weekend.

Contacted a local seller on Craiglist about an 7yr old Albino Striped King; and unless the rug gets pulled from underneath me, I will be bringing it home either Saturday or Sunday of next week.

Old 04-15-17, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Older Addition

Looks a nice snake. Must check the classifieds more often-generally about them but then maybe that's a good thing to avoid temptation!
Old 04-15-17, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

It was just a whim, to check Craiglist and RescueMe.org. The woman selling didn't need to sell, but can't find time for it, she apparently liked my sales pitch about taking care of it, it's a good looking snake, and it's an adult, which is a change from the juveniles I have now.

It also fills the last 40gal I have--I bought two the other day that were on sale. Now I'll start looking at PVC enclosures for the Carpet and SD Retic Pythons I would like to obtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Looks a nice snake. Must check the classifieds more often-generally about them but then maybe that's a good thing to avoid temptation!
Old 04-15-17, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ooo what carpet are you thinking of?

Can't wait for my Madu SD retic to come either! That's a stunning snake
Old 04-16-17, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hope everything works out for you mate, she's a beautiful snake
Login to remove ads
Old 04-16-17, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Still looking...

Inland Reptile - Carpet Python Availability

Quote:
Ooo what carpet are you thinking of?

Can't wait for my Madu SD retic to come either! That's a stunning snake
Old 04-16-17, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

The pure Brisbane coastal for me
Old 04-16-17, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Funny, I've been looking at the Palmerston Locality Jungles myself. Got an e-mail back from Nick Mutton, from my earlier post with the Inland Reptile website link, and he's asking why I want a just a female and not a breeding pair? If you contact that breeder/seller, be prepared for the same question.

Quote:
The pure Brisbane coastal for me
Old 04-16-17, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Been there got the t-shirt. Females are more sought after generally and particularly for rarer locality snakes of you sold single snakes all your females would fly out of the door and you'd be left with the males.

This is why I ended up with pair of olive pythons, Simply couldn't buy a single snake-particularly just the female.

I had a similar conversation about a Jullaten jungle carpet and in the end the breeder would sell me a single male but not a single female.