border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Lampropeltis

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-17, 07:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Re: Questions from a beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryntheclean View Post
Oh, if only I had more room, and less husband! or at least one that's not scared of snakes!
Aw! I purchased our snake while my husband was on a business trip. We told him in advance of course, but somehow we have a habit of acquiring animals while he is away My dream snake would be a bit more of a logistical issue for me. I need a place to keep it away from my cat. Our first is in my son's room, where the cat is not allowed anyways (he has a very bad habit of peeing on his bed every now and again if we let him in there - little jerk).
saturnascends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 07:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnascends View Post
Is it bad that I'm already thinking about snake #2?
It's about par for the course Saturn . It can definitely become an addiction. It's been 56 days since my last snake purchase.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 07:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
It's about par for the course Saturn . It can definitely become an addiction. It's been 56 days since my last snake purchase.
Stay strong!!
Old 03-09-17, 12:40 AM   #34 (permalink)

Hi, my name is Kathryn, and I'm addicted to snakes!
Kathryntheclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 07:06 AM   #35 (permalink)

After a little bit of coercion (okay, begging), my husband pretty much said yes about a second snake last night There is a reptile expo here on the 26th. Perhaps if any of the breeders have what I'm looking for, I'll go for it! And if not, I'll consider buying online. This will give me a couple more weeks to make sure I've got it down with Taco Lazarus Del Mar (yes, that's the combination name my seven year old son and I agreed upon).
Login to remove ads
Old 03-09-17, 10:52 AM   #36 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

And so it begins . What critters are you considering next Saturn?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
Old 03-09-17, 11:14 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

I just bought snake #13 last night! That's 13 snakes since May of last year. We bought 5 in one month last year. My husband has been no help whatsoever in stopping the addiction. Good luck in your effort for "just one more"

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
GyGbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 11:26 AM   #38 (permalink)

Haha! We're all doomed. I'm looking for a Mexican black king snake. It's what I wanted originally, but my son didn't want one that was "boring looking", and I got the impression they are a little bit harder to come by (unless you order online). Maybe it's boring sticking to the same basic type of snake, but I don't feel myself drawn to any other kinds enough to want one...yet!
Old 03-09-17, 11:31 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnascends View Post
Haha! We're all doomed. I'm looking for a Mexican black king snake. It's what I wanted originally, but my son didn't want one that was "boring looking", and I got the impression they are a little bit harder to come by (unless you order online). Maybe it's boring sticking to the same basic type of snake, but I don't feel myself drawn to any other kinds enough to want one...yet!
Give it about 2 weeks after you find a MBK. Or you may even find more at the trade show and come home with #2-#10. You never know.

Old 03-09-17, 11:34 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGbeetle View Post
Give it about 2 weeks after you find a MBK. Or you may even find more at the trade show and come home with #2-#10. You never know.
Oh man...I've been known for low impulse control as it is...this could do me in
Login to remove ads
Old 03-09-17, 11:38 AM   #41 (permalink)

I got my burm on the 20th of February and less than two weeks later I was getting a boa... My boyfriend asked "how many snakes are you actually planning on having?". My answer was "3, maximum. And the 3rd one will not come in the near future. Maybe 2 years from now." But now I am thinking......"hm...maybe 4? 5? A snake room? "

1.0 Albino Burmese Python (Lotan) ☆ 0.1 BCI (Nagini) ☆ 1.0 Continental Bulldog (Bundy) ☆ 1.0 Boyfriend
afsgr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 11:40 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsgr88 View Post
I got my burm on the 20th of February and less than two weeks later I was getting a boa... My boyfriend asked "how many snakes are you actually planning on having?". My answer was "3, maximum. And the 3rd one will not come in the near future. Maybe 2 years from now." But now I am thinking......"hm...maybe 4? 5? A snake room? "
LOL! I could see myself turning one of our finished basement rooms into a snake room one day, but we don't keep the heat on down there ever really, because no one spends enough time in it. If I were to heat the whole area to accommodate the snakes I might end up with a large utility bill...
Old 03-09-17, 11:49 AM   #43 (permalink)

They are like chips. You can't stop at just one. Why do you never see a snake owner with 3 snakes? First they get one, then they get another one, and then they have 20

Old 03-09-17, 12:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Ahh! Hey I was wondering how to interpret many of the signatures I see here on the forums. In your case, GyG, what does 2.4 BCIs mean? Do you have 2 boas or 4? Or 2.4? Haha!
Old 03-09-17, 12:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

The numbers represent the genders of the snakes you have. 1.0 would be 1 male. 0.1 would be 1 female. 0.0.1 would be 1 unsexed animal. In your example 2.4 BCI indicates 2 male and 4 female BCI. I hope that made sense.

Last edited by EL Ziggy; 03-09-17 at 12:38 PM..
Login to remove ads