border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-17, 11:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Can my Burm skip a meal?

Hmmm... So should I start to feed medium rats every 8 days or so? the small rats only leave a lump for about 12 hours
Old 03-29-17, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hmmm... so should I start feeding a medium rat every 8 days? A small rat only leaves a lump for about 12 hours
Old 03-30-17, 12:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

I would personally leave the feed size at a small rat for the time being. My burm can easily take a large, but we are leaving her at medium for now, even though she barely has a food lump after feeding. Your burm is only about 6 months old. Wait a month and see if she continues to do well with the small, or if she's looking for more food. If she looks for more food, bump her up a size, but wait about 10 days between feedings to see how she does. That's what I would do, personally.

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 03-30-17, 08:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

I am feeding mine weaned rats at the moment, between 25g and 40g. It leaves a slight bump and he starts acting hungry after 6/7 days. I don't feed him more than once a week. I only have him for about a month, so I am still trying to figure out what works best for an healthy growth rate.

Edit: the terminology here in germany is a bit different when it comes to f/t prey, so I use their weight as a reference. The term "weaned" is probably not correct

1.0 Albino Burmese Python (Lotan) ☆ 0.1 BCI (Nagini) ☆ 1.0 Continental Bulldog (Bundy) ☆ 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 03-30-17, 08:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsgr88 View Post
I am feeding mine weaned rats at the moment, between 25g and 40g. It leaves a slight bump and he starts acting hungry after 6/7 days. I don't feed him more than once a week. I only have him for about a month, so I am still trying to figure out what works best for an healthy growth rate.

Edit: the terminology here in germany is a bit different when it comes to f/t prey, so I use their weight as a reference. The term "weaned" is probably not correct
The terminology isn't consistent here in the states either. weaned for one company, may be a small rat for another company. I go by weight rather than their size/name, because it makes things more consistent for feedings, especially if I switch vendors that also go by weight instead of size/name.

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread