border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-17, 10:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Little giant

No to go full Guy Fieri but that snake is baller dude.
jjhill001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-17, 11:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Lovely snake. Can't wait for my Madu to arrive. Couple of weeks I think
Old 04-20-17, 12:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

He's beautiful mate congratulations , and as for taking pics the best thing to do is take loads, then pick out the best ones. Retics and cameras are not a good mix
Old 04-20-17, 04:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

I didn't went to stress him out too much so was taking a few quick ones. My phone camera is junk. I'll have to use a real camera once U get a few meals in him and he settles in.
Old 04-20-17, 05:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Looking good! I want one so bad. Chuck mentioned he might be producing some SD cow retics in the near future, but I don't think I can wait that long haha
BillyCostume is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 04-20-17, 07:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
I didn't went to stress him out too much so was taking a few quick ones. My phone camera is junk. I'll have to use a real camera once U get a few meals in him and he settles in.
I know what you mean mate, there will be plenty of time for pics
Old 04-20-17, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Congrats on getting the handsome new fella home and fed Blaze. Smashing new addition!
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 09:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Very pretty retic!!!
Old 04-21-17, 09:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, little Kaa took his second meal tonight. And the spunky little bugger struck at me through his cage door when I was checking to make sure he ate. He wasn't even close to the door but still took a shot.

Last edited by trailblazer295; 04-21-17 at 10:04 PM..
trailblazer295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 09:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Update on Kaa he took his 3rd meal over the weekend. I took him out tonight for the first time. I am starting to tap train him. It only took a few moments to use the hook to pull him out of his cage. Not an ounce of aggression or fear. Just more of curiosity and just moving around. Sorry guys no pictures as I realized he is in shed, skin is dry and cracking and faded. I only held for a minute as I didn't want to stress him. Retics are much better climbers then I thought, I wraps and holds onto my arm with his body better then my carpet. A true arboreal snake. He "holds" my arm as me goes. I can't wait until he grows up enough to move to a bigger cage so I can give him an arboreal cage to climb around in. I put him back and sprayed down his bedding to bump the humidity and filled his water dish. I want him to shed clean. So happy with this guy, he is so easy to handle, eats like a machine and I'm sure with time will be so pretty and an amazing display snake.
Old 05-04-17, 12:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

Good the hear he's doing well for you, and can't wait to see the some pics once he's shed
Old 05-09-17, 08:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Hey everyone

Bit of an update, Kaa went into his first shed for me. And despite my best efforts he shed like crap. Pieces all over despite trying to keep the humidity 60-65% normally and above 70%. Gave him a warm bath and a fresh bedding change. He is so easy to handle, not an ounce of aggression just curious little worm that wants to roam/escape. Sorry for the poor pics my cell camera sucks, doesn't focus right.

Old 05-09-17, 10:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Sounds like you two were made for each other Blaze . He looks great even though it's tough shooting a moving target . Congrats on the first shed. Any idea why it was a patchy one? You humidity seems spot on.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 10:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Sounds like you two were made for each other Blaze . He looks great even though it's tough shooting a moving target . Congrats on the first shed. Any idea why it was a patchy one? You humidity seems spot on.
Thanks Ziggy I'm really happy with him.

Seems retics are notorious for not shedding well, he only used a hide 2 days ago for the first time in a month that I saw. Don't know if it's because he figured how to use them or because he was in shed. See what happens over the next few weeks if he uses them again.
Old 05-10-17, 01:20 AM   #30 (permalink)

He's lovely mate, and Jenny's first couple of sheds with us weren't the best even though we had her humidity spot on.
Login to remove ads