border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-17, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Not a Giant

Beautiful retic. I did have a friend once who named his ball python Chill Snake. You could call yours...Super Ultra Mega Laid Back Snake. I think that's how you referred to him earlier.
sockSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

All my retics are pretty chill too. Glad you love him they are some of my favorites here! Cleo might actually be my favorite anymore. I've thought about adding an SD but I think I'm about done with the giants even smaller versions haha. Even though I would really love having a burm again...

He is beautiful! Are you planning on breeding if you find a female? The laws are too annoying for me on them even though I think they would an interesting one to breed.
2.3 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Albino Grey, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 0.1 Black Milk, 1.2 Corns, 1.3 Ball Python, 1.1 Tarahumara Boa, 2.5 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 4.2 Retics, 0.1 Wolf Snake, 1.1 BRB, 0.0.1 Jungle Carpet, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 5.4 Parrots, 0.1 Cat, 1.0 Horse
riddick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

If I could find the perfect SD female, I think would breed. I don't plan on doing shipping for anything I breed and they are super limited around here anyway. There are like 3 breeders in the whole state and it's hard to find breeders that can ship actiss state lines anyway. Ince I have a few things paid off I think I may start an actual search for a female. But there are alot of other priorities as well. Like getting all AP caging lol.

We'll see what happens. I think I got a steal on this guy after looking around at other SDs, let alone females!

I stopped counting at 30....
Minkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 03:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'm so pleased he's chilled out for you mate and if Jenny is anything to go by he'll just get better . We had her out last night and she doing her usual going along the back of the sofa's thing, so I sat down and started stroking her and she actually started to try coil up on my knee
Old 01-10-17, 09:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

That is so neat! I know the arguement has been had about if they 'like' things, but if retics are as smart as we all say, I have to believe their is something else there besides pure instinct. It isn't the same 'love' we understand, but I wonder if they aren't just 'more' than we give them credit for. =)

Login to remove ads
Old 01-10-17, 09:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

I know what you mean mate Jenny definitely prefers Lisa over me (the traitor), I've actually seen here stretching out over a third of her length just to get over to her. And when someone new comes into the house she's all over them lol
Old 01-10-17, 10:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Haha. That's kind of what my guy didnin the store. If I handed him over to someone else to hold, he would stretch out to come back to me! Not gunna lie, that was part of why I got him. I really REALLY wanted a lavander albino. But finding those in duper dwarf is hard and expensive! And I didn't think I'd find another retic that I just so easily clicked with! And, hes not too shabby looking either lol. I hope he keeps his pale creamyness! Oh, and his eyes are metalic copper! Such a neat, beautiful looking snake! Oh, did I mention he has a rainbow sheen to him too? I didn't notice that at the store, but when I got home I was like. 'DAMN!'. XD

On, rambling over....for now...lol

Old 01-10-17, 10:27 AM   #23 (permalink)

Lol I know what it's like mate when we got Jenny it was beautiful weather and we always had her out lol. And if your taking pics of him try and get him in natural light , even in the winter months get him to a window it'll show him up and make his colours pop for you . And know what you mean about clicking, the day i went to pick Jenny she had 12 other sisters, but the minute her tub was opened she was out and up my arm and settled on my shoulder
Old 01-10-17, 06:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Good looking retic Mink! Glad you joined the retic club. They are an awesome snake. I don't regret adding one to my collection.
2 Black Rats,1 Dwarf Retic,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Tiger Rat,1 Black Milk,1 Apricot Pueblan,1 YT Cribo,2 Garters,7 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Everglades Rat,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
SWDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Awesome new addition!!! That's a great looking retic, is it a tiger?
Login to remove ads
Old 01-10-17, 07:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Yes snoopy! ^_^

Old 01-10-17, 08:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkness View Post
Yes snoopy! ^_^
Have to admit I'm not a fan of tiger morph myself.....But that is for sure one I'd go for! Lucky you!