border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-17, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki
Re: Opinions wanted, is this SD a morph in your eyes.

Yes it would be haha, if she is I'd know if i breed her to Hiro
Old 01-09-17, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

If she is sunfire and het albino, you'd get albino sunfires. A lot of ifs, but it would still be nice
Old 01-09-17, 04:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

That's a whole lot of ifs... :P
Old 01-09-17, 04:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

It most surly is mate, but ya never know
Old 01-09-17, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
I've never bred morph retics myself, only pure islandforms curious to hear what he thinks! If he gets back to you please let me know.
I have heard from my friend and he said it is very possible it is a sunfire
Old 01-09-17, 05:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks so possible sunfire it is. Most popular opinion.
Old 01-17-17, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Here is my SD Sunfire Tiger poss het Anery. I see some possible similarities.
JustMeNmySnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 02:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Nice retic
Old 01-18-17, 04:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

Beautiful retic, can't wait to get mine, should be here around 27th/28th of January
Old 01-18-17, 07:05 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'm going suntiger. The "tiger" look isn't as typical, but I still believe that's the other piece of the puzzle along with Sunfire.
Old 01-19-17, 02:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

I don't know about that, she's missing a lot of the key elements that makes tigers a tiger imo.. She does have the full back stripe going though.. thanks for your input
Old 01-19-17, 09:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

Just shared one of your pics with a very well known Retic breeder (Worldwide) here in Southern California and their take on your Retic is that it's a Platinum. He said they don't see anything else but Platinum. Of course without seeing the breeding pair its not certain, but these guys are the only ones I'd trust besides maybe consulting with a Retic pioneer like Bob Clark..(I hope that helps)

This is just one of many photos I copied from the internet and this is a juvenile and sometimes the colors in the juveniles can be a bit stronger.
There are different yet similar variations in the pattern from one pic to another and colorations vary slightly with age and pre shed, in shed, post shed, but I think if you take a look at some different Platinum Retic photos, you might see that you've got a Platty yourself.
Old 01-20-17, 08:42 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
I know I have to breed her to be sure, and it doesn't really matter to me what she is.. But she has struck an interesting discussion amongst my friends whether or not she's a morph, and I'm curious for more opinions. (Sunfire is the most popular opinion thus far). She's a rescue and the info on her is limited. She's a Superdwarf, both parents were around 8ft. One was a morph but they couldn't really tell me what one. Here are some pictures of her after her latest shed, she's nearly completely yellow with a bit of a copper tone to it. Not the best pictures, still haven't bought a new camera.

Found this Platinum on World of Retics Genetic wizard: I believe it's a yearling so once it's pattern has stretched out from growth, I believe these two would look very much alike. Good luck brother!
BTW: COMPARE THE PATTERN UP THE NECK TO THE HEAD OF YOURS IN THE LAST PIC WITH THIS ONE. PLATINUM.

Last edited by JustMeNmySnakes; 01-20-17 at 08:58 AM..
Old 01-20-17, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Thanks! You're right, that could literally be a litter mate of hers, I actually found that picture before but didn't save it! A lot of similarities.. still some differences.. Lyra being much cleaner in appearence and besides her neck having some shattering (the typical SD patterning, or is it the platinum gene?) she has a full body stripe and even less side patterning. Also her head is extremely yellow, which could be a result of a morph or a yellowhead ancestor. Been looking around a lot, since I got her.. As the unknown is a big trigger to read (I get obsessed, not the best quality of mine)... Picking up a lot of info on the whole retic morph scene. Since I only bred pure island forms before, I only knew the technical side of it because genetics fascinate me endlessly.. I could tell exactly how it genetically ticked, but show me anything besides the common morphs and I'd be at a loss what was in it ... So the physiologic differences between say Sunfire and Platinum/fire is nothing I had ever looked into before. I bought a Purple bc I love purples, same with my Genetic Stripe and my late Tiger.. Now I'm looking more and more into other morphs in general, what gene does what exactly .. It's fascinating. I agree that Fire would be more likely, though the copper tone made me think sunfire at first, the more I look the more I think platinum as well. I googled a lot and the Superdwarf Fires seem all to have a more coppery tone to them than the Mainlands/Dwarves. Which is the case with most morphs, so it's starting to make sense. SD morphs are a more coppery/muted colour... .. So what if.. Stay with me here .. She's a Sunfire Platty?? The reason I'm saying so, is because the sunfire gene seems to clean up the sides, she has very clean sides.. The Sunfire Platty combo also gives a lot of striped animals with a very similar patterning! Another thing that got me thinking.. Yes maybe she is too muted for a Sunfire Platty. But then again mate pictures I find are 'big breeder' pics, and they aren't shy of photoshop and use perfect settings. These are just regular mobile phone pics, comparing them to other normal pics (little harder to find but theyre out there ) she looked incredibly similar. Also the more SD in them, the more similar they looked. Sorry for the rant, I've send a great amount of time looking into all this it's all speculation, I can't prove anything for years to come.. And I'm going to laugh if she tricked us all and just turns out to be a very unique looking normal and none of these traits being Incomplete dominant genes.. Still, had hours of entertainment reading up about all this.. Still got some bookmarked pages to go.
Old 01-20-17, 03:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

THIS IS MY FEMALE NORMAL POSS HET ANERY. SHES AN ISLAND LOCALE MIX, BUT I WASNT ABLE TO GET EXACT PERCENTAGES FROM THE SELLER. WAS A JAMPEA X SELAYER. SHE IS ABOUT 11-12'
PHOTO WITHOUT FLASH..

THIS IS MY FEMALE NORMAL POSS HET ANERY. SHES AN ISLAND LOCALE MIX, BUT I WASNT ABLE TO GET EXACT PERCENTAGES FROM THE SELLER. WAS A JAMPEA X SELAYER. SHE IS ABOUT 11-12'
PHOTO WITH FLASH..

THIS IS MY DWARF MALE DOUBLE HET GENETIC STRIPE/ALBINO. ALSO A NORMAL.
PHOTO WITHOUT FLASH.

AND, WITH FLASH.

I figured with and without flash might help show different contrasts: Not the greatest though...
So, yours can't be a normal by any means. I'll look for some un-edited photos of mature Platinums and Sunfires, but I'm convinced you've got a platinum. Perhaps a Platinum het for...???
I hope this helps and I hope I didn't rant too much either.. LOL!
Login to remove ads