border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-16, 08:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Re: Riverrun (Poss Temp Name)

Pretty little beastie.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)
EL Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 07:14 PM   #92 (permalink)

So River has been officially moved into her T12, right now all she's got is that plant but I've got some hides coming in the mail, they're just taking their sweet time. I know she'll quickly outgrow them, but they can go to Bud or one of the other snakes when they grow into them when she's done. The hides should be here Tues, and retics aren't that shy. I may cut up some of this cardboard temporarily if she shows signs of needing to hide, but she's never really used hides all that often, even when she fit in her old ones.

0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 11:26 PM   #93 (permalink)

She is so beautiful! And her colours are such a stark contrast to the substrate she is just so stunning! Wow!

Follow his progress HERE
Herpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 07:32 AM   #94 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki

Beautiful!! an out of all the retics i've had, a lot of them never used any hides at all.
Old 02-29-16, 03:25 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Beautiful!! an out of all the retics i've had, a lot of them never used any hides at all.
Yeah, she still used them on occasion, and often hides inside/under her plant, so I figured I might as well offer it, even if the majority of the time she doesn't use them.

My mice woke me up this morning, so I went in to check on River and found her utilizing her basking shelf. She was quite excited by my presence and slowly creeped up on me from the opposite side of the enclosure and stretched out toward me. I'd already used the hook on her, so she was thinking before striking, and when she reached the front of the cage her pupils instantly constricted and she kinda hung her head down like in the last photo. She realized I definitely wasn't hiding food anywhere, and pulled back. She's a hopeful snake, but luckily she thinks before she strikes.

0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
Login to remove ads
Old 03-01-16, 12:28 AM   #96 (permalink)

She is definetly charismatic!

Follow his progress HERE
Herpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 03:48 PM   #97 (permalink)

Well it turns out LLL ended up not having the smaller hides I wanted in stock so all I got were Cloud's big ones, so I'll have to see if Reptile Basics has some in stock. I went with LLL because, according to their descriptions, they have taller hides than Reptile Basics. I was getting hides for both River and Bud, but it may be another week or two before they come in.
Old 03-02-16, 06:14 AM   #98 (permalink)

She's looking grand and she'll probably outgrow the hides within months
Old 03-02-16, 10:14 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
She's looking grand and she'll probably outgrow the hides within months
Yeah but I've got 3-5 others waiting in line to take 'em, so no harm in it.
Old 03-07-16, 10:12 PM   #100 (permalink)

River eating her first meal in her new enclosure! I'll be weighing her after she voids this meal to see if she's ready to move up. Last weight I took of her was 733 grams, and that was awhile ago, so I'd be surprised if she wasn't at least 1,000 grams by now.

Login to remove ads
Old 03-19-16, 07:20 PM   #101 (permalink)

Well River shed yesterday and weighed in at 1,001 grams today, so she's getting her first large rat. I'll be giving her a couple large rats before I start her on the rabbits I've got. They're slightly too large for Cloud, so I'd like him to take the rest of the large rats. There's one more rabbit small enough for Cloud, the other three are for River.

Edit to add photos. I managed to make it back to the room before she finished her rat.

These were taken with the door closed.

Once I was sure the rat was far enough down she wouldn't spit it out, I gently opened her door to snap a couple of better pics and closed it again as she was making it past the legs.

Zooming in:

Last edited by bigsnakegirl785; 03-19-16 at 07:32 PM..
Old 03-20-16, 04:44 AM   #102 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

She looks amazing!
Old 03-20-16, 04:09 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
She looks amazing!
Thanks! She's really coming along, and it seems each time I take her out she's bigger. After she digests a bit, I'm going to let her stretch along Cloud's enclosure and see how close to 6' she is now. I can't get her to stretch out and stay still, so I won't be able to get an exact measurement. Maybe I should buy some string and see if I can get someone to help me run a string down her back. She's rather wriggly though, so that may not work out.
Old 03-20-16, 04:14 PM   #104 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Try a snake measuring app? works quite well until they get past 10ft haha (By then it becomes hard to get them in one picture right without standing on a ladder) Otherwise, the good old string is always a viable option
Old 03-20-16, 04:20 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Try a snake measuring app? works quite well until they get past 10ft haha (By then it becomes hard to get them in one picture right without standing on a ladder) Otherwise, the good old string is always a viable option
It doesn't work so well with her any more. :/ I have to bring the camera so high up off the ground that it creates a visual distortion like a fish's eye and throws her size off. I experience the same thing with Cloud, I know for a fact he's 6'3" because I measured him myself, but SerpWidgets says he's not even 5.5'.

Not to mention she doesn't sit still enough. By the time the shutter clicks, half her body is outside the frame. I could try using a step ladder, but I'll have to get one first. I need one anyways because I've finally got both my 6' enclosures in one place and I can't even see into the top enclosure. haha Maybe getting off the ground a little more will give the camera more leeway to capture her before she's gone. But she's a fast thing.
Login to remove ads