sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/)
-   General Venomous Forum (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/general-venomous-forum/)
-   -   Show off (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/general-venomous-forum/115473-show-off.html)

dave himself 08-12-17 11:33 AM

Show off

This girl was showing how bad tempered she was today so I couldn't resist taking a couple of pics

I have just uploaded these images:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170812/4nqw3ofv.jpg

I have just uploaded these images:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170812/4gjzwhcl.jpg

Thanks for looking

TRD 08-12-17 02:13 PM

Re: Show off

Cuddle-me-Cobra :)

Scubadiver59 08-12-17 06:21 PM

Albino King or a Golden King? :confused:

And where'd you get it from?

trailblazer295 08-12-17 06:27 PM

I love cobras if only they wouldn't kill me lol

SSSSnakes 08-12-17 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 (Post 1028484)

Looks like a albino monocle cobra.

Scubadiver59 08-12-17 07:46 PM

Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSSnakes (Post 1028487)

dave himself 08-13-17 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD (Post 1028481)
Cuddle-me-Cobra :)

You can cuddle her all you like mate, me I'll just stay well clear of her :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 (Post 1028484)

She's a display animal in the shop, the owner has had her from she was a death worm :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailblazer295 (Post 1028485)
I love cobras if only they wouldn't kill me lol

I'm the same mate, it's the way they move and that weird growling noise they make that gets me

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSSnakes (Post 1028487)

She is indeed Gerry mate ;)

dannybgoode 08-13-17 02:07 AM

Very nice. I love the idea of keeping hots except the bit about how one small mistake could lead to limb loss or worse in an instant.

They are simply stunning though.

dave himself 08-13-17 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybgoode (Post 1028496)
Very nice. I love the idea of keeping hots except the bit about how one small mistake could lead to limb loss or worse in an instant.

They are simply stunning though.

I think they are some of the most beautiful snakes on the planet, but being in the same room as them makes me very twitchy. I let the owner work with them and just stay out of the way, I'm just glad there's plenty of room in the shop otherwise I'd be out in the street looking through the doors in the rain :D

Tsubaki 08-13-17 03:32 AM

Gorgeous! If only my so wouldnt kill me if I kept venomous snakes again :D

Scubadiver59 08-13-17 05:27 AM

Watching Viperkeeper, it seems that some Cobras mellow out with age, and some are quite tractable albeit still very dangerous and still a bit unpredictable--Al's interactions with Elvis are quite entertaining at times, and in his "Shy No More" video he mentions that the Ringed Water Cobras are good starter hots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave himself (Post 1028498)
I think they are some of the most beautiful snakes on the planet, but being in the same room as them makes me very twitchy. I let the owner work with them and just stay out of the way, I'm just glad there's plenty of room in the shop otherwise I'd be out in the street looking through the doors in the rain :D

dave himself 08-13-17 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 (Post 1028505)
Watching Viperkeeper, it seems that some Cobras mellow out with age, and some are quite tractable albeit still very dangerous and still a bit unpredictable--Al's interactions with Elvis are quite entertaining at times, and in his "Shy No More" video he mentions that the Ringed Water Cobras are good starter hots.

I like watching Al and I'm a fan of Elvis. I'm sure they're ment to calm down with age, but think ours is broken or she forgot to read the script because she's still an nutjob. Although she is still young, so hopefully she'll get with the program as she ages

EL Ziggy 08-13-17 10:51 AM

What a beautiful deadly critter.

Doug 351 08-13-17 08:57 PM

Believe it or not, I saw a TV show a few years back where a family had a pet cobra. They had raised it up with gentle handling, and they showed the kids holding it.

I just saw a show the other day where a guy was passing an alligator around and kissed it on the lips.

I can kind of relate, because a wild Texas ratsnake is a mean critter, but I can pass mine around and kiss it on the lips.

Albert Clark 08-13-17 10:39 PM

Amazing animal dave! What we sometimes neglect or just forget is the wild instincts these reptiles posess. It borders on a kind of disrespect of the animal and a irresponsibility as a keeper.