border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-16, 10:55 PM   #151 (permalink)

Re: White Lipped Python

He regurged. This is much more concerning
Old 09-01-16, 11:39 PM   #152 (permalink)

Oh no. This sounds really bad, first the gross poo and now a regurge...definitely get him checked out! Sounds like an easy situation to quickly spiral out of control.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 12:02 AM   #153 (permalink)

Sorry to hear this Snoopy sounds like there's something else going on here and just when he seemed to be doing so well keep us posted when you can on what's happening. Fingers and toes crossed for you
Old 09-02-16, 12:04 AM   #154 (permalink)

Yeah I will be calling tomorrow for a fecal. I am starting to panic a little bit....The regurge could just be coincidence but that in combination with the runny, reddish, horrid smelling worm infested poop has got me very concerned. He is definitely hungry and not lethargic at all so that's at least good...I think? Feel so sad, it finally seemed like he was on the right track
Old 09-02-16, 03:17 PM   #155 (permalink)

Snoop, didn't he recently get over a mite infestation too? Also, was the size of the rat he ate his regular? Either way, I agree with the fecal and his exotic vet. Best wishes and my fingers and toes are crossed for the better outcome.
Albert Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 09-02-16, 08:13 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
Snoop, didn't he recently get over a mite infestation too? Also, was the size of the rat he ate his regular? Either way, I agree with the fecal and his exotic vet. Best wishes and my fingers and toes are crossed for the better outcome.
He had mites back in October last year and they were taken care of within the month, he ended up showing that he had worms earlier this year and was given two doses of panacur for it but I'm wondering if it didn't do the job. The rat was a small rat, on the smaller end, with his dose of the medication. He usually gets larges, so a pretty small meal for him. Working on getting the vet situated, my vet is out of town and there aren't many exotic vets local to me
Old 09-30-16, 10:04 PM   #157 (permalink)

The white lip got his 3rd dose of panacur today. He went into shed (still in blue stage and will be at least a week before he sheds) and wouldn't eat the dosed rat so we had to do it via syringe and tube. Not fun at all.

On the positive side, his poops are looking much more normal so far, he's still acting normal also. No more red color and solid as should be with nice white urates. He will be having a fecal 2-3 weeks after the last dose to make sure the medication works, and also to check for any Protozoa and treat with flagyl or other necessary medications.

I'm not fully convinced the regurge was related to his condition, I don't think he actually got the rat all the way down as there was absolutely nothing but the rat and some mucous from his throat. No bile or acids which I think after a few hours should have been present... And he took a rat with vigor soon after.
Old 10-01-16, 01:49 AM   #158 (permalink)

Thanks for the update Snoopy glad to here he's doing better hopefully his test results come back clear
Old 10-15-16, 07:04 AM   #159 (permalink)

Haven't been very active lately, internet has been weird here, but a little update. A few days ago the white lip gave up on shedding himself so I had to soak him and remove it myself, stressful but successful. Last night he took his last dosed rat though, even with all the stress that the last dose and stuck shed brought so happy! Hope this clears up the problem. Will have a fecal done in a couple weeks here
Old 10-15-16, 08:00 AM   #160 (permalink)

He's lovely. I'm glad that he seems to be doing better.
DarknessToGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 10-15-16, 09:28 AM   #161 (permalink)

Keep us posted Snoopy fingers crossed all goes well
Old 11-09-16, 09:21 AM   #162 (permalink)

The white lip ate a large rat about a week or so ago and pooped today, looks healthy but I'm having his follow up fecal done now. Should have the results tomorrow to make sure treatment worked.
Old 11-09-16, 07:35 PM   #163 (permalink)

I got the results back early-negative for worms and Protozoa, no other findings. So awesome!
Old 11-09-16, 08:06 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopySnake View Post
I got the results back early-negative for worms and Protozoa, no other findings. So awesome!
Yay, congrats! That has to be relieving in this trying time.
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 10:49 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Yay, congrats! That has to be relieving in this trying time.
Thanks!! It's definitely a huge relief, I'm so happy to be getting him on the right track. I'm thinking I'll wait maybe another month or two and possibly test again out of extreme caution and if he again has another clean fecal I'll be putting him on a bioactive substrate (using extreme caution) with no plants so that I can reduce as much stress as possible He seems to do ok with handling for cage cleaning but I rather leave it alone until he's at a healthy weight. I think he may need to gain about half of his current weight, he's sitting around 1,100 grams now. Will get pics next time I clean his tub... He is very underweight
Login to remove ads