border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-03, 06:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

LOL!!! Yup. I've been to a few parties where two people start talking politics or religion them more people get involved and the party just DIES!!!! I love a good debate but at the right time!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....
Old 01-07-03, 08:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to katev17
I have an extremely patriotic friend and when I joked about Canada's military/navy/whatever situation, he compared me to Hitler... believe me I've never brought up anything of the sort again, as I don't have the energy/knowledge to argue with him... but Hitler?! Common... I guess some people don't see outside their own little box, lol ...
Old 01-07-03, 09:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tai_pan1
WOW! I came home from work and it looks like I started a firestorm! That was not my intention. First, to all my Canadian friends who displayed their Nationalistic pride, All Right! I wish The first two posters on this thread had as much national pride in the USA. My intent was not to demean or berate your country. If I had to live anywhere other than the US, Canada would be it.

I thank Deadbob for his post, I couldn't have said it better. And to Andrea88, I agree that war is horrible and grotesque, but I am also a realist and understand that at times war is necessary. Only the sick in mind and spirit crave war. I forget who said it, but I remember a quote "For evil to triump, good men only need to do nothing"

With that, I am going to bed.

Mike
Old 01-07-03, 09:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Them and Us Send a message via AIM to Them and Us
comments i have but i hold back.

yes dead bob you are right. rel
Old 01-07-03, 09:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

comments i have but i hold back.

yes dead bob you are right. religion and politics gets everyone fired up. so does wheather or not Elvis is really dead. i say yes. but there are some great impersonators out there.
Old 01-07-03, 10:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to norman
wow.... i agree with the last reply before mine. people get SO defensive. Im probably just too young to understand or whatever you want to think,
Old 01-07-03, 10:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Seanebones Send a message via Yahoo to Seanebones
Tai Pan1:
This will probably alienate me from some people here but that is life,
First of all, thank you for serving our country. Thank you for defending my freedoms that I enjoy on a daily basis. Thank you for having the testicular fortitude to put your life on the line, for the freedom of all Americans. I have nothing against Canada at all, but believe me folks, you would be the first to hide under our apron if, and the way it looks now, when, the real **** hits the fan. Being as neutral as Switzerland sounds real nice until you need the USA to pull your *** out of the fire, and you will if things keep heading down the path we are on. My Father is an immigrant from Ireland who fought in WWII in the British Army with the Royal Irish Fusiliers 2nd Battalion. I am not in a great hurry to leave my family and go risk my life in a foreign land, but someone has too, and If called, I guess it would be time for a nut check, and I would go, PROUDLY.
The rest of you can take that how you want to take it.
Old 01-07-03, 10:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Seanebones Send a message via Yahoo to Seanebones
Oh, I should have kept that to myself. Oh well, I meant every word not express it?
Old 01-08-03, 02:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Quote:
Originally posted by Seanebones
Tai Pan1:
This will probably alienate me from some people here but that is life,
First of all, thank you for serving our country. Thank you for defending my freedoms that I enjoy on a daily basis. Thank you for having the testicular fortitude to put your life on the line, for the freedom of all Americans. I have nothing against Canada at all, but believe me folks, you would be the first to hide under our apron if, and the way it looks now, when, the real **** hits the fan. Being as neutral as Switzerland sounds real nice until you need the USA to pull your *** out of the fire, and you will if things keep heading down the path we are on. My Father is an immigrant from Ireland who fought in WWII in the British Army with the Royal Irish Fusiliers 2nd Battalion. I am not in a great hurry to leave my family and go risk my life in a foreign land, but someone has too, and If called, I guess it would be time for a nut check, and I would go, PROUDLY.
The rest of you can take that how you want to take it.
Canada isn't neutral, last time I checked we were in NATO, NORAD and the UN. Canada participated in both WWI and WWII (with out waiting for the war to be 1/2 over before joining in either) fighting along side the British. Ever hear of Vimy Ridge? Flanders Field? Normandy? Dieppe? Canada was there. My Grandfather (a Canadian) was part of the RCAF fighting along with the RAF.

The USA was reluctant to join either of these wars. They prefered to be merchents supplying the war machine, making money off of the countries fighting for the liberty of the western world. They were dragged into WWI by German subs sinking American supply ships disguised as cruise ships and into WWII by the Japanese assult on Pearl Harbour.

Canada since then has participated in many peacekeeping missions and even has supplied troops in America's "War on Terrorism". Do these sound like the actions of a neutral country?

As for asking the USA to come to Canada's rescue last I remember it was the USA that was asking for troops for their war.

Canada has provided men to fight when needed, with out requiring the draft. Canada may not have the standing army the USA has, but when it comes to a crunch Canada is there waiting.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 01-08-03, 10:50 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Dunner Send a message via Yahoo to Dunner
everyone is saying there are so many good countries like the us, canada, and european countries and i haven't heard anyone mention ausrtalia, i mean really, look at all the herps!!!
Login to remove ads
Old 01-08-03, 11:13 AM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Dunner Send a message via Yahoo to Dunner
i don't know about anyone else, but i'm a proud canadian, patriotic all that stuff, but i would go over seas to fight in a second, it might be the US wanting to go, but it will affect everyone, so if maybe i can d something to help, by all means i will. everyone says no war nooo, well really are we going to sit saddam down and tell him he's not being really nice, and that he has to behave, no, sometimes excessive force must be used before something happens, and trust me, leave saddam long enough and something happened, then everyone who was against war, and said "ohhh it's all about oil" will be saying, how could you let this happen, wah wah wah just me 2 cents anyways
Old 01-08-03, 12:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

I'm saying no war because good people die and get hurt. I know it will happern but when WWIII comes along who's going to survive?? No one because everyone has their own nucs and crap. Everyone will end up dying. I am not looking on the dark side, just how things will end up. It does not matter if you go and fight over seas or if you stay home and fight. Everyone will be involed even if they don't want to be. And no one will be on anyone's side. Look at all the mass destruction (sp?) weapons almost EVERY country has, how meny would survive?? Somepeople may say WWIII come on arn't you being a little extream?? No I don't think I am. If the USA starts a massive war, then Canada will be on it too and if Canada is in it then there goes everyone. I'm not saying Canada is better I'm saying that once we're in we have enough friends AND foes that everyone would jump in. And as for boarder jumpers being cowards, I respect your opinion I just thinks it's not always right for everyone who jumps. But as I said we're all going to end up killing ourselfs off, so it does not matter where you are. So in general I'm saying this whole out of hand thread is just moot. Everyone will ALWAYS disagree with someone else, and in this case it does not matter. And I totally agree that Australia has awesome herps!!
Old 01-08-03, 02:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to katev17
Quote:
everyone is saying there are so many good countries like the us, canada, and european countries and i haven't heard anyone mention ausrtalia, i mean really, look at all the herps!!!
So true! Go Australia!!!
Old 01-08-03, 03:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

Australia rocks. Australia churned out Mel Gibson.
Old 01-08-03, 04:51 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sean_.E.
This is just my personal oppinion but I would not really like to live in the usa. Im am a proud Canadian. I think that the US (or bush at least) just WANTS a war and also wants to run the world. He doesnt want any country to have more power than the USA. The USA has used nuclear,biological,chemical weapons on many countries. I don't like what saddam does either I think the man is a screwed in the head! Now don't get me wrong I think the USA has some AMAZING qualities, nice places and people. I just dont like the way Bush acts, at times he makes me feel sick. As for the drafting issue, I would be scared $#!+less! OH and one more thing Australia is amazing!...lol
Closed Thread