border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-02, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

feeding confusion

i have a lil corn snake and i dont know how old he is cuz hes a rescue.. and i want to know if you can tell how old he may be by the amount he is shedding? he shed about a month and a half ago and is in shed again now. any ideas? OOPS! strayed away from my subject! um...right..ok i was ORIGINALLY wondering about fuzzies! and how big they are compared to pinkies? having never seen a fuzzie i dont know how big one is and i was hoping you could tell me!!!!!! thanx in advance.........that is if u DO help me!:rsmile:
Old 12-08-02, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well you will never really be able to figure out his exact age, but maybe by posting his length and girth it would make it easier.. Shedding depends on how much hes eating or how fast the individual snake is growing, its pretty much impossible to tell age by that measure
Old 12-08-02, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

OH WELL!! thanks anyway! by other peoples guesses hes about 8/9 months old...ish...
can anybody help me with the size of a fuzzie?? :-)
Old 12-08-02, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
a fuzzy is about as thick as my finger.... doesn't really help but if you visit Mice4you.com you will see they list fuzzies by weight

May you live in interesting times.
Old 12-08-02, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
reverendsterlin

I move my neo-corns up from pinks on their 5-6th feeding so at about a month an a 1/2 after birth, maybe 13-17 grams, at 4 months their about 30-35 grams and will be moving to hoppers an a weekly schedule right after warming up from brumation. by 8-9 months they should be up to juveniles. As for fuzzies figure the last 2 knuckles of the average sized man's pinky finger for size

Login to remove ads
Old 12-09-02, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanx alot!
Old 12-09-02, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

good way of knowing when to move to fuzzies is when u cant see a significant bulge after ur snake has eaten.
most snake when young will shed about every 4-6 weeks and after about 1.5 - 2 yrs this will slow down alot. have fun my fellow brit!
paul