border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-02, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

my pet store thread about crypto was taken off?

I had a very informative thread about the dangers of pet stores and crypto posted up here and it appears to have been taken down..
this is a discussion board right, that wasnt an offensive thread it was a pretty good one, and it was informative for people planning on purchasing a herp, i ALSO clarified i meant no offense to posters who work in pet stores.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-02-02, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

"Certain" pet stores are notorious for sueing places where they are being "slandered". I dont mind people talking about pet stores in general but i have been contacted by laywers from a "certain" pet store already for being slandered on the forums, and i dont choose to be involved with these matters again, i hope you understand.
Old 12-02-02, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh really?? my apologies then thanks for clarifying that.
Old 12-03-02, 05:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

No, thank YOU for understanding
Old 12-03-02, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Alicewave Send a message via MSN to Alicewave Send a message via Yahoo to Alicewave
Perhaps we can continue such discussions but simply not divulge the names of "certain" pet stores. Most of us know which are the bad ones anyway.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-03-02, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry Jeff but.....I am haveing a hard time understanding your reason for deleting the said post. ...you did say...
" I dont mind people talking about pet stores in general "

No pet store names were mentioned in V.aw's post! It was about pet stores in general.
Crypto is a VERY serious problem and this kind of information needs to get out there and be discused. Everyone should be made aware of the dangers and encouraged to post and disscus topics like this... in order to help keep our reptile friends safe and healthy. I thought it was a great post and am dissapointed to see it deleted.

IMO
Quality Designer Leopard Geckos, Corn Snakes and more!
Old 12-03-02, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

hehe my question is: how is it slander if its TRUE!!!

still a good post, v.aw you should repost just the pieces about crypto in general, I had never heard of that before!
Old 12-03-02, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the Defence on the post, but i was wrong. The link i supplied had the of a certain pet store in it. So i broke the rules.

To Jeff, if i make up a fact on crypto, could you make it a sticky in this forum, or possibly make a reptile/amphib/snake disease control forum? Just a suggestion.

Thanks
Old 12-03-02, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow, an information section on health issues in general would be a fantastic idea. Problem is though, there is so much heresay and just plain bad information about these health issues that my question is............"who is qualified to post definitive statements dealing with disease, parasites etc."

I certainly don't mean to offend anyone, but we must be very careful with this issue, especially when it comes to administering meds.

I really don't think it is necessary to mention any particular pet store / breeder / hobbyist etc. This is just asking for trouble.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 12-03-02, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

good point, but its a good place to exchange methods.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-03-02, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

At the risk of stirring things up, I think the "exchange of methods" is one of the things that worries me.

I for one will not offer medical advice as I am not a "qualified" vet, technician etc. If you (or anyone for that matter), nothing personal "V. aw" chooses to offer treatment advice, you must qualify your statement perhaps with a by-line..........."this is what works for me" or what have you.

We must be very careful dispensing treatment advice.

Starting with clean, healthy animals and using proper husbandry methods will eliminate 99 44/100% of health problems in the first place.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 12-03-02, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

actually honestly, my initial intentions were just to have a forum to discuss reptile diseases, not so much offer help on treating them. Sort of like, post articles from the net and discuss them, or help people diagnose their problem before going to the vet.
some pre-vet help, so they know what to ask about. not many vets are qualified to work with herps either.

i really didnt intend on telling people what meds to use on their reptiles.

So possibly an overall husbandry, cleaning, and medical forum? heheh
Old 12-03-02, 02:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

V.aw you didnt break any rules, dont worry and to anyone wondering why it was removed, it is just not worth it to leave it up and go up against a multi million dollar company in court and lose the site over it or much worse. I have already consulted with my lawyers on these issues and there is alot more to a liable slander case then he said, she said.
Old 12-03-02, 03:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

I did not follow the link...so, I didn't realize it did in fact name a Pet store. Sorry Jeff
Quality Designer Leopard Geckos, Corn Snakes and more!
Old 12-03-02, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Tarzets, lol no need for apology!! i actually hate taking down any posts, but i couldnt imaging losing the site so i try to keep everything under control!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread