sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-02, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
I think I can safely say we're all with you Jeff. You're 100% right, it's not worth legal hassles. You're doing a helluva job running this site, keep it up.
:eb: Scotty Allen :eb:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 12-03-02, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thanks Scotty! We have had our highs and lows but i think we honestly have one of, if not the best group of herpers online! So thank you Scotty and everyone else for making the community what it is! is offline  
Old 12-03-02, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
I do like the idea of a forum for information on health issues is good, especially for new owners. maybe a built in qualifier stating that all info is questionable without a vets diagnosis?
Old 12-03-02, 07:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
I agree with you totally Scotty, but having a disease forum is a sticky and controvertial topic. I am a vet technician by trade, but still am not up to snuff on all species and diseases associated with herps. Per say so and so came onto the forum, had a problem with an animal per say, and I gave medical suggestions and medications that could be used as treatment, and this said animal in turn dies, even if the treatment was not the reason for death, I in turn am liable for misdiagnosing. Though the person would take it upon him/herself to seek sight unseen unprofessional help via internet, rather than taking the said animal to the vet for proper diagnosis and treatment, this still leaves the responders in a heap of *****.
This is just my own thoughts, but I personally think this would be a bad idea.
I think a good vet listing for each and every province/State woould be a good idea. Maybe an emergency contact forum would be better?
Old 12-03-02, 11:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
There already is a site that lists vets. I really like this site since it runs off referrals.herp vet connection
Bryan Self
Quetzalcoatl Reptiles
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread