sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-02, 11:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
what do u ppl think is the worst place to get a tattoo?
Old 01-22-04, 11:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to ryan337
I've got a gecko climbing up my back, but don't have a digi came right now!
Old 01-23-04, 06:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Originally posted by tex_01
what do u ppl think is the worst place to get a tattoo?
Hmm, thats a hard one. I've got one full sleeve and one not yet complete, most of my chest and shoulders, a few large single tatts on my legs and my feet done (no herps though, mostly skulls and flames). I've also got the words Hell Awaits in solid black, old english style writing across my lower stomach and this was bad. The chest is bad to (the whole lot hurts, no areas to move to for releif) and the inside of the arms heading up to the armpit does gets a bit tender. People spin out over my feet but these hurt the least.

On another note shade work hurts more than solid color or outline. They run a near dry needle over the same spot again and again untill the desired shade is reached... Ouch! You really have to bite your tongue in order not to tell them to lay off and move elswhere for a while.

Wow I feel like a real pussy. I only ever sit for 3hrs and once I even bought a tube of emla cream to kill the pain (works well for an hour or so). I don't even know a tattoist that would sit for 10hrs, thats just crazy masochist ****.

How about these traditional "coming into manhood" tatts that the islanders get. Full body tatts applied with a rake and hammer type tool. They sit all day and then come back the next day and so on untill complete. They risk dying during these awesome tatts.
Old 01-23-04, 06:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to sapphire_moon Send a message via Yahoo to sapphire_moon
IMHO the worst place to get a tat is anywhere that bends. During the healing proccess it seems to fade more at a quicker rate.

My only herp tattoo is of a cobra coiled around 2 blue roses above my breast (I was only 16 otherwise it would have been ON my breast) Other than that I have a humming bird with tail that wraps around most of my leg and a tribal on my right side of my neck that looks like either 2 swans with heads bowed together or a tribal heart.....

also the wonderful webmaster here has another website for tatts and piercings the website is .......
The Mischief:
Neptune, Zion, Enigma,

Mischief~ Hamster
Old 01-23-04, 07:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member
Worst place (for a guy anyway) is, well I think you can guess it. No I am not talking from experience LOL. I had Ryan (SCALES ZOO) I think it was send me a pic of a dragon tattoo once. It literally covered buddys whole package (not Ryans BTW or was it Ryan LOL) anyhow any guy that ever seen it was cringing totally. Now that guy was a sucker for punishment & thats without even considering the huge ring in the end OUCH! To each their own I guess. The artist had some definite skill to work on that ah canvas & it is a true work of art (well yes & no!) LOL Mark
P.S. I have a firey hand of doom on my ankle & the Reaper Head to go with it gets outlined on Monday. WOO HOO!
Mark's GONE SNAKEE! working with select Colubrids (Corns, GB Kings, EIs) and Woma Pythons
All stock parasite free and established on F/T prey. No PMs please email at
Login to remove ads
Old 01-23-04, 09:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
I have a snake that is wrapped around a sword, I got that a long time ago before i was even into snakes. I also have a buddy that has salamander crawling up the side of his bald head. He has a few tats and he say's that was by far the worst, pain wise. I have pics of him getting it done and the final product, I'll post them as soon as i can find and scan them.
Old 01-23-04, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Here is a pic of a boa I drew for a future tattoo....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boa.jpg (16.6 KB, 165 views)
Beau Medlar

Rattlesnakes of Arizona
Old 01-23-04, 09:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Beau Medlar

Rattlesnakes of Arizona

Last edited by C.m.pyrrhus; 01-23-04 at 09:49 PM..
Old 01-23-04, 09:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Remaining sleeve and colour to be done this spring.. See a VERY rough draft below

Associated Serpents Inc.
The Green Mile-Rodent Feeders
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Last edited by asphyxia; 01-23-04 at 09:59 PM..
Old 01-23-04, 11:43 PM   #40 (permalink)
This is my snake arm...well...the beginning of it....i had 3/4 of the arm designed all at far....i have only the outline done...and there is much shading and colour to be added...the outline took about 3 hours...before the sleeve got started I had the ball put on my elbow which sort of inspired me to continue with the snake theme...or was it the rattler?...don't remember... Eventually the other tattoos on that arm are going to blend in as well....there will be a tomb in the background of the snake sleeve so I might get some kind of stone work to fill in the blanks in the other areas that aren't a part of the sleeve on that arm. I was really worried about the elbow being a tough spot but it was nothing....what hurt was the back of the arm. I think its a good idea to get large tats done bit by bit because no matter how tough you are your body may still react to the trauma.....when I was in New Orleans I went nuts and got a bunch of tattoos done in one sitting....i was so burned out afterwards and my lymph nodes swelled and KILLED!!! I think I slept for 14 hours that night, which really dipped into my drink fest!lol Anyhow, enough rambling here's my arm..

Login to remove ads
Old 01-24-04, 12:06 AM   #41 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
This is my tattoo...hope it shows up properly. I did it all in one session and it took about 4 hours.

Old 01-24-04, 01:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Here is my tat. Not herp. related but wanted to show it off anyhow. Done by Mike Austin in London, On. It hurt the most on my spine and sides. From what I remember, it took 6 hours.

Last edited by Dani33; 01-24-04 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-24-04, 01:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to nolagurl
Originally posted by Yve
.....when I was in New Orleans I went nuts and got a bunch of tattoos done in one sitting[IMG]

Where did you get your tatts done in NOLA? I live here btw.
Old 01-24-04, 01:53 AM   #44 (permalink)
Yve, that's some nice work you have there!! That one on your elbow is KILLER!
Old 01-24-04, 02:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to NewLineReptile
I dont have to many reptile tattoos but here is one out of 34 tatts i have that is a reptile

the rest are dragons and tribal

Specializing in Large Pythons
Home of the "GIANTS"
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread