sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-04, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to FireTigress Send a message via Yahoo to FireTigress
Birds and Herps

Are there any problems with keeping birds and reptiles in the same room? I've been considering getting some sort of bird but I didn't know if there were any health problems that birds could pass to reptiles. Thanks for your reply.
Tyger Tyger Burning Bright: William Blake

2.0 Cornsnakes 1.0 Ball Python 0.1 Cal Kingsnake 0.1 Taiwan Beauty Snake 0.1 Leo Gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Marbled Gecko
Login to remove ads
Old 09-26-04, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Interesting question. I also want a bird but because of the crazy temps in my house I didn't want to try it. I never thought of my snake room though. Just because pet shops do it doesn't mean it's ok but pet shops have birds and herps close to each other.
Given the mess that birds can make I don't think I would try it though.
Old 09-26-04, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Darren179
if your room is warm. I would assume the tropical birds and parrots would enjoy it. I couldnt see them causing problems for one another if caged properly. A good person to ask would be paul vanhooser he breeds both birds and snakes
if there was a beggining of time. What was before it?
Old 09-26-04, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to bighillreptiles Send a message via Yahoo to bighillreptiles
not a good idea becouse birds and reptiles can carry the same deseas and so forth also the birds will be in fear all the time as seeing snakes are a natural fow we keep over 40 birds from african gray to parrolets plus manny snakes in seprate rooms .as for temp of birds like it cooler than the reptiles ower breeding room for the birds is kept at 65 to 70 f and the reptile room is at 82 to 85 ,birds doo better in cool condishions ower cockateles and eng budgies are out side in thar flight until winter then thay go into there house that is heated 10 d above freezing and neaver lost a one yet and produce more babys than when thay were in the house .Hope this helps Paul
Paul & Fiona
BigHill Reptiles
The more people i meet the more reasons i like my snakes
Closed Thread