sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-04, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

I found a little garter snake today the had been attacked by a cat. I found it and thought it was dead, but then it began opening its mouth towards me. I tried to clear its airway, because its throat and epiglottis were clogged with mucus, dirt, and tons of broken teeth. It had puncture wounds to the side of its body and head, and it was basically gone. I did everything I could, and suddenly it slithered into my hands, then began roling over and over. After that, it was still. It died about and hour ago. Well, you can't save them all...

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 Bay Of L.A. Rosy Boa, 1.1 Dendrobates Tinctorius, 1.1.2 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-23-04, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
Yeah, that sucks but still, thanks for trying to save the snake, i'm pretty sure it would have appreaciated it a lot if it had only known what you were trying to do...
1.1 BCI, 0.1.1 ETB, 0.1 Dumeril's Boa, 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor, 1.0 Diamond x JCP, 0.0.5 Lithobius Forficatus, tons of Rats, Dog and Cat.
Old 09-24-04, 04:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
I would have put it out of its misery, send it to snake heaven. I can't watch living things suffer.
Old 09-24-04, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
aw...that's so sad.
Old 09-24-04, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Poor thing... at least it died in the hands of someone who appreciated it. I don't think I could have put it down myself, as I am a little squeamish about such things.

I got a rescue the other day, a common blue-tailed lizard, that are prolific here in NM, and there was nothing I could do for her. It was a tiny baby, and was walking repeatedly in circles, as if she had some kind of neurological problem, or injury that wasn't obvious. I checked her over and did the best I could, but she died about an hour after I recieved her. It's hard, but you just have to remember you really can't save them all...
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread