border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-04, 08:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Crucified - Civics are a dime a dozen; let the owners think they are making theirs special *LOL*.

Also, you don't need a better car to modify the engine; I had a Custom Built $4000.00 (USD) motor dropped into this:

I am the second owner of this 4WD 1985 AMC Eagle LTD. I paid $650.00 cash for it and drove it for a year on 5 cylinders (the number 5 had no compression) before getting the new motor. So far, everything except the engine is all-factory (soon to change). People laugh, but my wagon can whoop 'em!

Last edited by Samba; 09-21-04 at 08:40 AM..
Old 09-21-04, 10:47 AM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to JonD
Samba, don't the AMC/Jeep 360's fit right into those? I know the its the case with the older CJ's. GM 350s are and easy swap too!!!

Fox has one of those new reality shows at eight, 'Fast animals, slow children
Old 09-21-04, 10:49 AM   #33 (permalink)

Oh and by the way I love those old wagons...sans the fake wood paneling....

Old 09-21-04, 11:02 AM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
LOL I HATE the paneling!!! The car will be painted, paneling REMOVED, the trim replaced, doors fixed (both driver side doors do not open from the outside! It's a pain just to get in), it'll also get a system, rims, a lift (3 to 5 inches), etc. So much that needs to be done! It also needs a new exaust kit, muffler, and I'll put money on the fact that the tranny will probably need to be replaced soon as well (it's almost 20 years old and still goin' strong!).

As for the GM/Jeep parts, yes I believe most are interchangable... at least between older models. I wanted a custom build, though, instead of just picking up a motor and paying for the R&R, if that's what your asking... Oh, yeah, and that's the original paint on that car... a nice, ugly, dirty penny kind of color... LOL =)

BTW, My car's name is "PlayThing" =D

Last edited by Samba; 09-21-04 at 11:06 AM..
Old 09-21-04, 11:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

That thing is gonna be sweet. I was just saying that I think the AMC 360 V8 engine drops right in the engine bay and bolts right up to the tranny. That engine has gobs of torque stock, now a custom built one...yikes!

Login to remove ads
Old 09-21-04, 11:14 AM   #36 (permalink)

It's a monster! Like I said... it's so cute and unsuspecting (kinda like the driver *LOL*) I get laughed at, but let me tell you it's left more than it's fair share of 'stangs and civics eating dust! My boyfriend calls me "Parnelli" because of the way I drive... =D

(Let it be known that I have a squeaky clean driving record, as well).

The vanity plate I hope to get for it will be "SikBich" hopefully... they'll probably catch that one, though.... I got more pix if you ever wanna see them...
Old 09-22-04, 09:55 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Samba
It's a monster! Like I said... it's so cute and unsuspecting (kinda like the driver *LOL*) I get laughed at, but let me tell you it's left more than it's fair share of 'stangs and civics eating dust! My boyfriend calls me "Parnelli" because of the way I drive... =D

(Let it be known that I have a squeaky clean driving record, as well).

The vanity plate I hope to get for it will be "SikBich" hopefully... they'll probably catch that one, though.... I got more pix if you ever wanna see them...
Hahahaha, hope they'll let you get that vanity plate, that'd be funny..U gotta post some pics when you get it painted!!

Old 09-22-04, 10:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

Definately! I'll post them here, and keep your fingers crossed so I can get that plate! LMAO! =)