sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-04, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to capsicum Send a message via Yahoo to capsicum
Hoping for a Tattoo

I drew this many moons ago, and am hoping to get it done as a tattoo. What do you think?

TK

(I am terrified of needles, but being on insulin I will soon be over that fear, lol)

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon drawing large.jpg (14.2 KB, 206 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 09-14-04, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to chong_python Send a message via MSN to chong_python
Heyy, No need to worrie about being afraid of needles. Getting a tatto done is TOTALLY different than getting a needle. The feeling of a tatoo being put on is alot like a burning sensation. I describe it to most people that its like having a really bad sun burn, and have some 1 scraching it really hard. Of corse it all depends where you get it. On yor shoulder blade is known as one of the the worst spots due to its rite on the bone, however i have heard that lower back would hurt. And i can only imagine one being done any where from the waste down. But very cool pick, alot of detail, gonna be expensive and gonna hurt, post pics of finihsed product. Once you get one, u'll want another one next week lol
Old 09-14-04, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome...yes there is a lot of detail, lol. It took me 6 weeks to complete it. I kind of want to get it done before the picture is completely wasted (it's yellowing and stained now).

TK

Here's a close-up of the head, thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon head.jpg (9.3 KB, 191 views)
Old 09-14-04, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to chong_python Send a message via MSN to chong_python
Looks good, but to be honest, i dont think that a tattoo artist could do that. The neck and wings wouldn't be a problem. But see how the face is really textured. I dont think he/ she would be able to put in the little dots on the face to make the skin look rough. Simplily because when u get into fine deatil like that, the color tends to mix, and looks incredibly bad. So try to picture it with out the rough appeal on the face.
only talking from expirence
Old 09-14-04, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I agree, something with that much detail will blend and bleed together after a couple years, if you were willing to loose some of the fine details and add some colour it would look great.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-14-04, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Don't worry about the pain. Pain should not be part of your decision to get your first tattoo IMHO.

Depending on where you get it, the pain will be worse, or minor. I find my arms are EASY and hurt very little. The back of my neck was quite a bit more painful, while the back of my shoulders was in the middle of the two.

If you WANT a tattoo, think of the pain as part of the process, part of the reason you will be proud to have it when it's done. Getting anything bigger than a couple inches done anywhere on your body is a personal test though for sure if it lasts a few hours and you can really learn how much you can take. It's NOTHING like getting a shot or normal needle. More like electricity, or a sun burn.

Marisa
Old 09-14-04, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah I was wondering about the fine details. I probably wouldn't go as far as getting all the details done, probably the basics and have the artist get a little creative. I was thinking of just black, since color would be difficult, IMHO, to do on this particular design.

I would like a few other tattoos of course, too many actually I would love a snake of some sort, was thinking a yellow eyelash viper. What do you all think?

Thanks for you input, greatly appreciated!

TK
Old 09-14-04, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Samba Send a message via MSN to Samba Send a message via Yahoo to Samba
Great drawing.... and don't worry too much about the sensation... when I got mine done it actually tickled a little. It may feel like burning or uncomfortable at times, and at other times it may feel numb. If you've never had one before watch out! Tatts can be addicting!!!! =) Good luck, and don't forget to post a pick when you get it done!!! =)
Old 09-14-04, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Samba! I will probably get something small to start with, I actually want to get the name BO tattooed on my left shoulder, in nice English-type calligraphy. Bo was my first bottle baby kitten and my favorite cat. She is deffinately attached to me, and I am attached to her Kinda like having kids

TK
Old 09-14-04, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

It is like a 'burning-scratching' feeling that stings at first but once your natural endorfins (sp?)kick in you'll be fine. I think the place that hurt the most was on the top of my fingers and I just have a series of dots and lines. That DID hurt.. But not so much that I didn't want another one. Very addictive ancient artform --you can work with the pain and get yourself into a trance-like state. Very ritualistic.

Wonderful experience.

You can also take the picture you drew to a tattoo artist and have him/her clean it up a bit to suit you and skin so it will age well along with you.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Login to remove ads
Old 09-14-04, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sassmuffin
ooh, thats looking good :thumbsup:. i agree about the fine details, but you can always bring it in to several reputable places and talk to the artists about how they might go about achieving a similar effect...then choose from there, or something....
as for pain...speaking from my experience, i cant even really remember the pain now. but immediately after, i remember describing it as 'weird tickling somewhat pinchy-hurty burningISH annoying "pain"' [in quotes because it wasnt like...PAIN pain...]. I know thats a horrible explanation but there is no way to describe it, haha.

as for other tattoos, im with you on wanting to get something along the lines of a snake er something sometime in the future....thatd be rad.

good luck, and cant wait to see pics once its done!

ps: tatts ARE addicting! watch out, haha. so are piercings. and upon joining this forum, i am beginning to realize reptiles seem to be too. dammit. oh the things i will do once i turn eighteen....hehe
Old 09-14-04, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

One snake tattoo that I really want to get is a spotted python sorta curled and hanging down my arm. My spotted was my first snake, and I just thought that would be killer as a tattoo

TK
Old 09-14-04, 11:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Cool drawing, if you can find an artist with the right black and grey talent/ability that will make for a killer tattoo. Don't worry about the pain, it's over before you know it and it's worth every second of it. I've got four myself, waiting to get the money to get more.
Old 09-15-04, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ladyluck
I have more tattoos than most.

It doesn't hurt, it's more irritating than anything.

enjoy.

And! do your research! Go to a reputal tattoo artist. You will pay a bit more, but you will be wya happier in the end.

You dont want to get tattooed by a 'scratcher'.

That sucks!

If you want advice on where to go, PM me and I can give you some excellent names and places.

k.
Old 09-15-04, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

The drawing is cool and its always best to have something original and having your own drawing is even better. I have my arm completly sleeved and am starting on my other arm. I do all my drawing so I know that no one will have my tattoo. Pain is Pain. It will hurt but I mentally block it. I agree that not all the detail will be able to be put on your tattoo.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread